Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fiohna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 01:11 PM
    The phone call
    Hi, I fell ij love with the man who helped me a lot to escape from my emotional and psychological problems. One day he suddenly did not want to see my anymore without explaing what happened.. I only got insight that he was angry about something but did not want to speak.( we saw each other for about 3 years but only had sex once and told each other nice words etc. but it was only once- after three years of platonic love.)
    I left to uk and now 10 years passed and I still cannot forget him. 5 years ago I started calling him , but he does not want to pick up the phone fpor some reason, He is a doctor- that is to say that his job is serious as he is psychiatrist and I was purposely calling him during the working hours to pissed him off so he would say something like- "fiohna lets finish everytingin, good luck and good buy and please don't call me anymore". I was calling him about 20-50 times during the day at the beginning, he would reject the call, and when he was probably angry he wou;ld switvh the phone off. But he never in 5 years picked the phone and aksed me to stop phoning him.he only sometimes would pick the phone, asked 'hello' and put the p[hone down. He crossed me and I called him names, really not nice names thinking that in that way he really will geta nagry and shout at me to stop doing all that mess- calling and sending sms messages. I also waited that maybe he will change his number, but he is dealing with me wery patiently.
    And I don't understand the reason why he is so patient- if he would want, he would pick up the phone and say something ,( I asked him many times to tell me something, because I want to strta new life , want o forget him, etc). Now after 5 years I call him onl;y 3-4 times a day,-i got addicted. And call him basterd and all that not nice words- he still doies not pick up. Only ocationally says hello, who is this, I say that's me fionhs, he says who is fionha and puts down the phone, and again rejects my phone calls.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 01:18 PM

Harshness warning

Seems pretty clear that he no longer has feelings for you. You have to accept that he had a change of heart. You can't force him to feel a certain way.

Break ups are really difficult, but you have to stop calling him or else you will never be able to heal from this experience. It's time to move on with your life. You sound obsessive (i.e. calling 20-50 times a day) and this behavior has to stop. There has to be something else better that you can do with your life.

It's time for you to spend time finding yourself. You need to boost your self-esteem and stop being so dependent on this one man.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 01:46 PM

You are stalking this man. Leave him alone.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Sep 9, 2009, 07:40 PM

You probably need some therapy because as you said it, it is an addiction. You should cut all contact with him and start healing yourself. 10 years is way too long and you seem way too emotional. Let him be and free yourself from him, you will feel tremendous happiness if you do.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Sep 9, 2009, 08:09 PM

You probably need some therapy because as you said it, it is an addiction. You should cut all contact with him and start healing yourself. 10 years is way too long and you seem way too emotional. Let him be and free yourself from him, you will feel tremendous happiness if you do.
    I agree. 10 months let alone 10 years is far too long to have this level of unhealthy obsession over anyone. It is destructive to both you and the man you are, to put is frankly, harassing. You will soon find yourself at the end of a restraining order at this rate.

The relationship began under not so great conditions. You should never rely on someone else to band-aid emotional problems. You used him to hide from them then and you still are now. You absolutely need to have these problems dealt with now, by a professional. Until you deal with them you will never be able to be happy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 08:22 AM

What does the guy have to do to be left alone? Your stalking because of your obsession. Get some help before it gets a lot more dangerous than it is.
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Sep 10, 2009, 08:18 PM

Fiohna, you may not realize it, but your own behavior (that of calling him so many times a day) has pushed him away.

No one, but noooo one wants to be with an emotionally needy person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think a phone call a day is too much? [ 16 Answers ]

You never see your girlfriend or boyfriend except for maybe once a week. Do you think receiving a phone call a day from your boyfriend or girlfriend is too much?

How a cell phone call is transmitted ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hiii, I would like to know how is a cell phone call transmitted from the caller cell phone to the destination with all the steps which the signal passes through and whether the placed call was local one or international call ? ( I have that for a project work in my school could I get some help...

Unknown Phone Call [ 1 Answers ]

What is the number you call to have your number come up as unknown? I think it is star 67 or 69, but I am not sure.

Cell phone call frequencies [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, How does a cellphone know on what frequencies to transmit a call? Does it have a fixed range of frequencies allocated to it? How does a cellphone know that a call is being transmitted to it? Does the call being transmitted have any encoding for the receiver to recognize that the call is...

View more questions Search