Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questionnaire Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Met a girl, not sure how she feels about me
    So I met this girl a few weeks ago at a friend's party and I would say we clicked right away. We've hung out quite a few times since then, about every few days. I'm 19 and she's 18. I wouldn't say I'm shy, but I'm a quieter person than her, who is very outgoing and talkative. We both have similar interests in art and photography, and conversations go really well between us. At first I was initiating all the contact, but she always seemed excited to hang out when I asked her, and she's begun to initiate contact with me more often lately. I guess she is notorious for not really responding to people via texts and phone calls, but she told me I'm one of the few people she will always responds to. She also always told me how she really trusted me and felt like I was a really genuine person. She also had me come over to meet her mom the second time we hung out. I've since been around her family quite a bit and I'd say we get along really well.

We've been doing things together a lot more lately, as we've been together for the past 3 days. We even have plans to set up a booth at a local market together this weekend. I would say all is going well, as we both obviously enjoy each other's company. However, I've become a bit worried about where the relationship may go. I obviously have something more than friends in mind, and I hope that she feels the same way. I usually feel like I can read people pretty well, but I really just can't tell with her.

Also, the subject of whether she was single was brought up in front of me about 2 weeks ago with her other friends, and as her friend said she wasn't, she answered at the same time that she was. Then she sort of quickly explained to her friend how whatever this thing was with some guy was over. It seemed uncomfortable for her to discuss at the moment. But whatever the story may be, I took this as her possibly not wanting to appear as taken by someone else to me.

About a week and 1/2 ago I kissed her for the first time, but not on the lips. I kissed her forehead, he cheek, her neck. She was okay with that, but she sort of pulled away when I was going to kiss her on the lips. We laid together in bed for awhile after that and talked, but never about the kiss. She also kissed me on the cheek that night and it seemed like a big deal to her. She's not a shy girl at all, so this threw me off a bit. Nothing of that sort happened again until a few days ago when we were goofing around and I brought my face in really close to hers ready to kiss her, but I didn't want to push it. I paused there for a moment and then she joked about me just trying to get in close to her face. I joked back like oh why would I do something like that, and after a moment she sort of pulled away again.

I haven't specifically asked about the kiss, and I haven't come right out and told her I liked her. We also haven't been on a real "date" because I wanted to sort of wait until I was sure we were on the same page. Obviously there is some chemistry here, but there has been no real intimate talk or no intimate actions over the past couple of days, and it sort of just felt like I was hanging out with my friend. I feel confused about how she may be taking this. I absolutely don't want to just become a friend in her mind, so I feel like there may be something I should do to make this clear, but I'm not sure what. Is she waiting on something by me? Or could she not be kissing me because she doesn't feel the same about me?

So if you read all that, my question would basically be: How do you think she feels about me? Should I push the romantic side of things somehow and see how she responds? Should I back off a bit and let her come to me? Or should I be upfront and tell her how I feel about her?

Thank you for reading that, and thanks for any advice of any kind that anyone can offer. I hope I'm not pushing the issue of the kiss and intimate side too much, but that's why I've come to all of you.

Jul 8, 2009, 07:38 PM

Hmmm. Anyone with anything at all? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 08:03 PM

Well to me it certainly seems like she likes you but just remember it's only been a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't push it with her just yet but just enjoy getting to know each other and your time together.

You'll find things will just happen naturally over time , like I said it's still very early.

Good luck :)
    jlove09 Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2009, 09:11 PM

Yeah, don't push it. Don't try and kiss her and stuff. See what happens. No rush. =D
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 8, 2009, 09:12 PM

It's hard being patient and seeing how things develop, but it will be worth it! :)

Jul 8, 2009, 10:37 PM

Ah thank you for your opinions everyone :)

I guess it would seem that things need a bit more time to develop. I'm just dreading the thought of falling into her friend zone and being stuck there. I've mainly been the one doing any flirting of any kind, and I would say I still have been initiating most of the contact. She is definitely the sort of girl to have guy friends and make them easily, and that worries me a bit. It also just seems like the flirting level has gone down a bit over the last few times of being together.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 10:50 PM

Well to be honest you are just friends at the moment , 2 weeks is nothing.

Like we said just be patient , and don't seem so anxious over it. She'll pick up on that and that's a turn off.

Jul 25, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Okay so a bit of an update on the situation. So this girl and I continued to hang out pretty regularly and enjoy each other's company. It shifted from me making most of the contact to her making most of the contact, and I was pretty sure she was into me.

However, it never really seemed like she gave me another opportunity for another kiss as we never really got in a situation as close as that one, but she did seem to flirt with me frequently, like whenever we watched movies I'd have my arm around her and she would curl up next to me, things like that. I would say she definitely knew I liked her, and I was pretty sure it was mutual.

We hung at least every other day with our other two friends who are basically a couple, so it seemed like a double date type thing. A week ago, the girls cooked us dinner one night, followed by a movie. 5 days ago we all four had a cookout in the park, and that night this girl said she had to hang out with her family but she definitely wanted to hang out that night. Great I said.

Here's where she throws me for a loop. That night comes, I give her a call like hey do you want to do something and she says yes come over. It's supposed to be us four again. Not even 10 minutes later, she calls me and says "I can't do anything tonight maybe tomorrow." She won't give me a reason why, but I don't push it. However, now having nothing to do, a few minutes later I text her asking if I can pick up my guitar real quick from her house. She says the other two will drop it off in a bit, then says "actually I'll just bring it over in the morning is that okay?" I say "I wanted to play tonight but I guess that's alright. Is everything okay?" To which she now says "yes I'm sorry I really am but I have to talk to Joe. And of course it's important or I'd never break plans with you." I am thoroughly annoyed now, but I just say "Fine call me tomorrow." Joe is this guy that she has been on and off sort of dating for a few months. I'd asked if they had a thing previously, and she said that they're very on and off, and they'd go a month at a time without talking, and they never really dated. She basically seemed uncomfortable with the topic, but she didn't seem into him, so I left it alone.

Next day I don't hear from her at all, so I call her that night and she drops it off to me in my driveway then tells me she doesn't feel well but she definitely wants to hang out the next day. She says "if you don't hear from me call me." I wait until evening, no call, so I call her, no response. At this point, I'm confused and annoyed with her, so I decide not to contact her again until I hear from her. Next night, I go out bowling with my friends, guess who else is there? She doesn't talk to me much, and the goodbye that she gives me is more insincere than usual. Frustrated out of my mind, I text her that night saying that I hope things are okay because something seemed up, and I was going to call her tomorrow because I wanted to talk. Next day, I call, no answer.

That call happened yesterday, and I'm now thoroughly confused on this girl. I would have never tried so much to contact her if she hadn't seemed so into me literally 5 days ago from right now. All I can really think is that night with Joe changed things between me and her somehow. So now I guess I'm planning on not contacting her. However, I believe my friend is having a party this Monday, and I suspect she could be there. I mean it's only been 5 days, maybe nothing significant happened? But things just feel weird.

I just need a shove in the right direction. I don't think anyone will recommend calling her again, but what if she calls me? Do I readily make plans after essentially being blown off all week? I would like to talk with her and clear things up. Or, do I ignore her or tell her I'm busy? I really dislike playing games and am a very upfront person, but this situation has me frustrated. Like I said, things have taken a turn in the last week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what he feels [ 6 Answers ]

okay, there is this guy and his name is christian. He is uper cute... but way way shorter than me... and the thing is... i figured out he liked me... form whta i heard. Now he asked me i fi had a boyfriend, which i did so just to make him feel better i said i was going ot break up wih him. I did...

Girl feels bad about sexual experiences [ 3 Answers ]

What are your guy's thoughts on this: Basically I've been "seeing" this girl (we are both 22) now for around 6 months. We really haven't done much other than makeout. I really like her and want to date her and according to what she says she wants the same thing. However she says she's not ready...

Somehow this feels different. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone. This is my fist post – I've been finding that reading all of the other user's questions / answers have been very helpful and I've gained a lot of insight from all of the information here. However… I can't help but feel that my situation is slightly different (don't we all I suppose)...

Am I the only one who feels like this? [ 12 Answers ]

My parents had found out some things about me that they didn't like:i had a boyfriend,I'd been sneaking out to see him and I have had sex with him. Now they make it so there is no contact between us, but we do go to separate schools but when I have a chance I try to talk to him. Right now I hate my...

Sex feels too much [ 7 Answers ]

I have been sexually active with my partner for over a year now. He is not selfish at all during sex, and is always happy to pleasure me. However I never seem to orgasm. It always feels really good but never comes to anything. I feel as if there's like a pressure building up but then I get to a...

View more questions Search