Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 10:27 AM
    I so need help!
    Okie so I have black hairr (I have black hair naturally) and for somereason I just can't dye it to some other collour!! Well I have tried coloring it to red but the color just doesn't get on like at alll! My hair just turned to kind of blackish-orangish-browinishh (I so hope I'm making sense :p ) then some people told me inorder to color it red I haftoo first color my hair blonde so I tried doing just datt but that doesn't work either! Ders hardly any change in my hair colorr errr what doo I doo?? What am I doing wrong eree? I am doing exactly what is wriitten on the boxx plzzz helpp!

Oct 15, 2006, 11:12 AM
    And ohhh yeahh I have these hugee boxes of facial hair bleach (my mom uses dose) so can that bleach be used to bleach the hairr and den dye it to red or blue or anyotha color I want??
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 16, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Darky, a boxed color will not dye your hair a lighter color or give you the shade on the box. You will need to pre-lighten your hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide) and then deposit the color you desire. Another option is to use a high volume developer with your chosen color. You can use a 30-volume developer with a color that contain a red base to get a reddish color. You will find different strength volume developers and bottled hair coloring products separate at a beauty supply store.

Oct 17, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Thanks pretty ladyy :D
    carina Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Id advise you to speak to a hairdresser.. Home colouring experiments can turn out to be disasters and to be very expensive to fix.. A hairdresser will be able to get your hair to the desired colour safely, without causing your hair to fall out! It will also look a lot better than a DIY job... Good luck =)
    Her Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darky
    okie soo i have black hairr (i have black hair naturally) and for somereason i just can't dye it to some other collour!!! well i have tried coloring it to red but the color just doesnt get on like at alll!! my hair just turned to kinda blackish-orangish-browinishh (i soo hope im makin sense :p ) then some ppl told me inorder to color it red i haftoo first color my hair blonde soo i tried doing just datt but dat doesnt work either!! ders hardly any change in my hair colorr errr wat doo i doo??? wat am i doing wrong eree?? i am doing exactly wat is wriitten on the boxx plzzz helpp!!
    You need to bleach it first. Probably a couple times. That way your hair is light enough to take color. I would recommend waiting 24 hours after bleaching before adding other color because otherwise the bleach doesn't have time to set and will turn the color you want to a color you don't expect. I did this trying to dye my hair eggplant purple, but I didn't wait 24 hours and it turned magenta instead. I highly recommend you going to a professional, since leaving bleach on too long can majorly damage your hair. Go get a free consultation at a salon.
    Gracey_95 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
    Sounds to me like you could need your hair professionally striping, because the pigment in your hairs really strong, it's a bit like being ginger, black hair is a really hard colour to dye.Many people with dark brown hair can dye it easier, but if your hairs raven black,I think you should definitely go and fine professional help, because if you extensive amounts of bleach on your hair, it will all fall out over time..
    Hope this helped..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I broke up with him, he got a g/f so, and I miss him. [ 9 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago because of being stressed and over emotional about some things. I made a mistake. I told him I didn't feel anything anymore, but it was because I was overwhelmed with something's. I really started missing him last week and just realized how much I cared...

Heip I am so confused [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice me and my ex went out for 2 or 3 mounths and then on confusung night were lots of stuff went wrong he broke up wit me. We have been apart for abot 3 months now and then the other night he I'm d me well his friend did and he asked me some questions and then he said some mean...

View more questions Search