Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katelyn102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 09:03 PM
    What do I do when I don't like my perfect boyfriend?
    I have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. He's perfect to me. All the girls want him and they think I'm lucky. To me he is so unnatractive, I have already cut off any sexual activity period. I don't want to break up with him and regret it.. I'm also going to Florida with him for a week with my family next week...
    Syzygy Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jun 10, 2009, 09:08 PM

You should take a step back and reevaluate why you no longer like him. Right now you're being very unfair to him. Don't lead him on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:09 PM

Well first if he was perfect you would not care about looks ( they are not really important if you have a great connection)

The first few months are when you find out, and to be honest is when you wait to have sex to find out if he is perfect, So you break up and don't take him to Florida if he is not right for you
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
    I think that the answer is simple. How would you feel if you were him?

If you don't like him and don't want to have sex with him then don't take him to Florida and don't string him along.

Treat him with the respect that you would like to be treated with and in the future your thoughtfulness will be returned.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 04:30 AM

You should be ashame of yourself for leading him on.

You knew what he look like 3 months ago and his looks didn't bother you. Now your witholding sex but you don't like him nor his looks.

My advice is to leave him alone and find someone more attractive and stop holding on to him because you think your going regret it.

You some off as really selfish and I wish your boyfriend could see what you wrote.

Also, I wonder who is paid for this upcoming Florida trip.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jun 11, 2009, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katelyn102 View Post
    i have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. hes perfect to me. all the girls want him and they think im lucky. to me he is so unnatractive, i have already cut off any sexual activity period. i dont want to break up with him and regret it.. im also going to florida with him for a week with my family next week...
    You are dating a guy that you think is perfect, but you think he's unattractive. How does that make him perfect? You don't want to break up with him because you'd regret it if he finds his true love among any of the other girls that actually want him. Why are you dating him?
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jun 11, 2009, 05:11 AM
    How does he feel about you? Maybe he just wants to go to Florida.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 05:18 AM

How can he be perfect if you find him unattractive? You mean he has a perfect personality? I wish I knew how that worked.

Don't worry about other girls wanting him. The question is do YOU want him? Is his looks that important to you that you're considering breaking up with him? Wow, how do you think this would make him feel if he knew how you really felt about him?

You have the perfect personality, but you're too ugly and I can't look at you (or have sex with you), so I have to break up with you.

If you really feel that way, then you should just break up with him and stop leading him on.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 06:00 AM

What makes him perfect? That other girls want him or because you want him?
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Jun 11, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Well first if he was perfect you would not care about looks ( they are not really important if you have a great connection)

The first few months are when you find out, and to be honest is when you wait to have sex to find out if he is perfect, So you break up and don't take him to florida if he is not right for you
    I would have to disagree with this. Outward appearance are what draws people in at the beginning. Being physically attracted to someone is just one part of having a great connection. Don't get me wrong I value personality far above looks, but you need physical attraction also.

I believe she's saying that he's perfect on paper... not for her in particular. He may be perfect TO you (nice, caring, attentive, etc) but not FOR you. You may need something else that creates that "spark" and makes things exciting. It's been 3 months and it sounds like you're basically bored with him already. If you cut off sexual activity it's pretty clear you're on your way out of the relationship. But don't string him along in the process. Just be clear that this isn't working out, and if you like hanging out with him maybe just try to be friends? You've already cut off sexual activity so you're not far from it ;)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 06:28 AM

It sounds like there's no chemistry. You can try all you want, but that's something you can't force. Set him free so one of these girls that wants him so bad can have him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 10:30 AM

I think you like him because every other girl wants him and you like the envy of having such a perfect, popular unattractive dude.

You sound very young, how old are you?
    SNOOPY18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2009, 03:17 PM

WEll its only been 3 months into the relationship he mite seem perfect now but people change in relationship I think u should stay with him its only once in a lifetime that a girl find a perfect guy
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 04:55 PM

I agree with the others if he was so perfect you wouldn't be feeling this way. Not only do you need to step back and evaluate how you feel about him you also need to figure out exactly what it is that makes you want to stay with him.
    When you can tell us what makes you want to stay with him then maybe we can help you better.

Do you want to stay with him because all the other girls want him so it is like a status symbol that he is yours?

Do you want to stay with him because you are afraid to hurt his feelings?

Do you want to stay with him because you worry about what others will think if you break up with him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is perfect.but I'm just not feeling him. [ 8 Answers ]

Okay so basically I've been dating my boyfriend for about two months now, and I swear he's the most perfect guy I've ever dated. All of my past relationships, I've been with nothing but losers, until I found him... or HE found ME. I already know this is about to be a super long story but hopefully...

I now have a boyfriend but don't know what to do now [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a boyfriend before but we didn't act like we were dating at all. Now I have a boyfriend again ( different one) and I really want to act like we are dating. How should I act like we are dating and how do I do it without embarrassing myself half to death?/:confused::confused:

My boyfriend don't want sex as much as I do. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I´m stephany my boyfriend is 29 and I´m 19 we used to have sex at least once a week and that's not even much but that was OK with me... but now it has been like a month already:confused: I alwayz try to start something but he says he's too tired!! Is it because the age diference?? I try talking...

How to get a perfect boyfriend at a young age [ 7 Answers ]

I am 10 and really want a boyfriend. How do I choose and get the perfect boyfriend?:(

Why does my boyfriend want me to be perfect? [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months. He's a single dad and I'm a single mother of 7 year olds. He asked me to marry him after three months, and then got cold feet and called it off. We are going to a wedding in a different state and he just told me that he is ready to call it...

View more questions Search