Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:21 PM

I know and every hurdle brings me closer to letting go.

I agree with you, but don't think that she's worried about this plan anymore.
    She will always find a way to put on a mask and deny and wonders why she feels anxiety and try yo fix it later.

I know she will do whatever it takes to fulfill her dillusional fantasies of celebrities and fame. Dressing Paris Hilton and screwing surfers, red carpet BS. Star-effer.

Once she's there, she did the right thing.

I was just another way.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    I know and every hurdle brings me closer to letting go.
    It's not the hurdles I'm worried about. It's the hey this great thing is staring me in the face and I'm ignoring it that has me concerned. She's the jumping hurdles well you sit on the sidelines.

I agree with you, but dont think that shes worried about this plan anymore.
    I think your wrong. My proof is the last few pages of this thread and everything SHE tried to do to get in contact with you. Her plan sucked, and it blew up in her face and YOU are the one that caused that to happen. You deserve this credit and this victory so take it.

She will always find a way to put on a mask and deny and wonders why she feels anxiety and try yo fix it later.
    Sure she will. Women lie. It's not what she says verbally that means anything. I could tell you I'm going to jump off the Empire State building but unless I actually take that action you can believe probably quite correctly that I'm not. She can say she doesn't care, she can say she's in control, she can say she just wants to talk for two minutes, she can whatever the hell she wants verbally.

But her actions speak something else. Her actions speak to someone that is desperate. Her actions speak to someone that needs reassurance. Her actions speak to someone that isn't comfortable with her decision. Her actions speak to someone that has deep emotional doubt. Her actions speak to someone that is second guessing herself. Her actions speak a different language and if she wants to deny anything, she's full of crap.

She does need a mask and she does have to hide behind a mask and deny her anxiety and failures to see this situation and to understand you and who she thought you were. Her mask is not only not your problem, it's your victory. You aren't hiding. You didn't claim to be anything you weren't. You didn't use her. All you did was stand your ground and show her you were stronger then she ever gave you credit for. Your damn right she's denying her ignorance and weakness. She has no choice. You have taken that choice from her and left her with the a void to feel. Let her lie to anybody she wants, her actions speak to all of us that she can't lie to herself that she screwed this up and she knows it.

I know she will do whatever it takes to fulfill her dillusional fantasies of celebrities and fame. Dressing Paris Hilton and screwing surfers, red carpet BS. Star-effer.
    If her role model is Paris Hilton then... uh wow. My dog is smarter and better looking then Paris Hilton and not as slutty.

Once shes there, she did the right thing.

I was just another way.
    You were a way that gave you an opportunity to love and lose and grow. Would you have grown without her loss? As you grow from this and you watch her deserperate actions who's getting something of value from this experience and who's hightailing it out of town her tail between her legs.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks Chuff,

Just as your first post, you've cut right through. Thank you.

Im worried too about finally realizing what's been staring me in the face & not letting go. I have victory, Ive felt it. Worked hard from the get go.

When she escaped a few days after to see her family, when she knew I was hurt, that's when I went NC. She said that she wasn't going to go to that event for her niece weeks before. She used them for this.

My point is that I know that I am strong and steadfast and still have bouts with closure, just this confirmation today, hurt.

Those words about her actions and mask made me cry, and you're spot on. My actions have always been true.

I appreciate this very much.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Thanks Chuff,

Just as your first post, youve cut right through. Thank you.
    Yeah I tend to cut right through.

Im worried too about finally realizing whats been staring me in the face & not letting go. I have victory, Ive felt it. Worked hard from the get go.
    Because when it comes time to let go you will be out of your comfort zone. So even if you accept the victories in small dose use them to prop yourself up to be ready to jump to the next phase of your life where the most important person is you and use the victories as launching pads. It's still easy to no let go, but at some point when you are ready these victories will help you make the move to let go permanently.

When she escaped a few days after to see her family, when she knew I was hurt, thats when I went NC. She said that she wasnt gonna go to that event for her niece weeks before. She used them for this.
    Yes she's a user. You don't have room in your life for users. Score another victory for you.

My point is that I know that I am strong and steadfast and still have bouts with closure, just this confirmation today, hurt.
    That's cool and there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't give her the false sense of victory that belongs to you.

Those words about her actions and mask made me cry, and youre spot on. My actions have always been true.

I appreciate this very much.
    No problem, and best of it was all true. Your actions speak to match your words. Sometimes the obvious is staring us in the face and we are so emotionally blinded we don't see it. It's there for you, I'm just pointing it out.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 11:05 PM

Let her hightail it out with her tail between her legs.
    (Ewww... a tail, that's disgusting)

Sorry I got so close to that. Makes me wretch. She disguised it well between her legs. And more.

I saw that tail sometimes but still continued. Perverse.

Thanks,
    Helps big time.
    laxman526 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 08:11 PM

Vanheart, try to keep holding your head up high. I know this new news that you're hearing sucks and you're hurt, but reading all of your posts, just look at the strength you have shown and the progress you have made!! You have shown 10 fold that you are a much stronger person than you were before. Keep working on yourself, and I GUARANTEE you that the next best thing will drop in your lap (figuratively and literally) sooner than you think. GET OUT THERE, SHOW THOSE WOMEN WHO THE NEW VANHEART IS AND BLOW THEIR DRESSES UP! YOU CAN DO IT! Take care bud.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Thanks man,

Appreciate that. Its all about the process.

Its different for everyone. Im on my way, letting go is just around the corner.
    laxman526 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 09:00 PM

Well, only you will know when you're ready. Just repaying the favor of the "swift kick in the rear." I'm pulling for you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 09:01 PM

Me too.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 09:57 PM

Found out from my friend that my ex's text said.

" It would be really helpful to know if hes ok, he wont talk to me"

Then after no response

" Can i call you for 2 minutes"

Im sorry I keep dwelling on this, but all that serves me.

"Helpful", yeah right.

Like you said chuff, her plan was foiled.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Found out from my friend that my ex's text said.

" It would be really helpful to know if hes ok, he wont talk to me"

Then after no response

" Can i call you for 2 minutes"

Im sorry I keep dwelling on this, but all that serves me.

"Helpful", yeah right.

Like you said chuff, her plan was foiled.
    This is so awesome. Your indifference to her has her jumping around to your friends who are indifferent to her as well. The game player has been out played. She has no idea what to do and has resorted to begging for 2 minutes from somebody else for nothing more then information about you. Van I hope you read this thread back in a year or so. I don't know if you appreciate this now like you will someday. You are in complete control and she's completely off her rocker.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 01:47 PM

Im not sure Im as stoked as you guys are either.
    I know that NC has cut out hurtful and direct drama, and is helping me grow & heal faster, but..

As far as being happy that she's desperate to get closure for herself, I know that she will find a way to suppress those bouts. And justify things to herself no matter what. Turn it around, or rely on a new boyfriend or whatever to forget any guilt and put on another mask.

I honestly think she feels she did the right thing because she's selfish and nothing will stand in her way.

I not laughing at this yet. Just staying as strong as I can.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 06:59 PM

Chuff,

Was thinking a lot about your last few posts.

I don't think guilt has anything to do with this.
    She's a narcissist through & through.

I think she just wanted one last bit of supply from me. Regardless of what it was & she didn't give a rat's a$$ if it was love, anger or telling her to screw off.

I think she wanted to see me face to face to say "Yup, he isnt my knight in shining amour" "I was right"

And the attempt to go after my friend was the same, just an acknowedgement of any selfish adoration along with some potential tid bits about me.

I honestly think that these people don't feel like most, just try and record and mirror on a superficial level to feel like they, are in a way normal.

Even though I know her traits and all of her recent actions, I still feel rejected and woke up today super depressed after a few bad dreams with her acting flippant and taunting.

I am still kicking myself for not seeing this, even with my progress & kicking myself. Ive said screw this so many times, but can't seem to let pass.

This is what sucks so bad for me now. I want to truly get on w/things.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:24 AM
    Van-some days will still be not that great for a while.this person was in your life for five years.just let yourself feel what you feel WHEN you feel it.it will pass! :-)
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 06:45 PM

Thanks, amicon.

That's what Ive been doing. To not ignore any thoughts.

Im letting it happen proactively.
    Just have bouts with controlling them.

I can't wait for them to pass & become less frequent.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 04:45 PM

Hey all,

Its been a couple weeks since me last post and tomorrow marks 3 months of NC.

I, in a way am amazed its been that long. Sometimes its seems like yesterday that this happened and other times feels like its been a long road.

Ive had a few pretty depressing days since, questioning my worth and trying to understand and release the feelings of rejection and "how could she do this" sort of stuff.

My feelings have grown to utter sadness in a way. The loss. The amazement of going from love to nothingness in such a short time. How 5 years can end so abruptly. Hurts, but have been trying to dig deeper with my inner work and understanding.

I am so lucky to have a few very close friends who have been incredible & I have redirected my love towards them. Makes me weep at times in gratitude.

There's still not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss the closeness and security of having someone in my life.

Ive been fortunate to land a giant gig that will take me through October. Perfect timing actually.

My focus is to be the most kind and aware person that I can be and avoid drama at all costs, and keep learning.

I thank everyone that has given their unselfish advise here.
    That has meant the world to me.

Van.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 05:17 PM

You have received 435 answers at last count!
    That has to be a record :)
    I bet at some point I must have said something!
    So ,hay keep keeping in touch ,I know we all love updates :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Hey all,

Its been a couple weeks since me last post and tomorrow marks 3 months of NC.
    Then it marks about 3 months of friendship we've had and I have to tell you between you and Tao, I've learned so much from this thread. While, I realize that in no way helps you overcome the loss, I do want you to realize that growth is coming from this experience. I know that when you are on solid ground so to speak you will come out further ahead and it will be worth it to you.

I, in a way am amazed its been that long. Sometimes its seems like yesterday that this happened and other times feels like its been a long road.

Ive had a few pretty depressing days since, questioning my worth and trying to understand and release the feelings of rejection and "how could she do this" sort of stuff.
    I understand all those questions. I've been there asking myself the same questions. But let me tell you something. Yourself worth isn't measured by your ex, your parents, your friends or any other person on this planet. Yourself worth is measured by your inner self, and I know this road sucks, but you are not alone. I've gone down that road. Sadly, more then once. In fact everybody on this board has gone down that road. The road has bumps and turns but it is not a dead end. Eventually the destination is inner peace and happiness.

Her decisions do not have one thing to do with yourself worth. If anything, yourself worth defined her as hers didn't live up to yours and she knew it so she bailed. Then, again because she knew it, she tried to contact you again and again, trying to sooth her own ego because her self worth is so low or non existent. Her self worth is so low she seeks attention from the public at large but ignores it from those around her. Don't you ever compare yourself worth with someone that doesn't have any.

My feelings have grown to utter sadness in a way. The loss. The amazement of going from love to nothingness in such a short time. How 5 years can end so abruptly. Hurts, but have been trying to dig deeper with my inner work and understanding.

I am so lucky to have a few very close friends who have been incredible & I have redirected my love towards them. Makes me weep at times in gratitude.

Theres still not a day that goes by that I dont think of her and miss the closeness and security of having someone in my life.

Ive been fortunate to land a giant gig that will take me through October. Perfect timing actually.

My focus is to be the most kind and aware person that I can be and avoid drama at all costs, and keep learning.

I thank everyone that has given their unselfish advise here.
    That has meant the world to me.

Van.
    You, know I thank you for posting, and continuing to share your story. It's very motivating and it's great to watch your journey and it will be really fulfilling to see it through to the end.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 05:34 PM

Here, here. And thanks Chuff for all of you words.
    Every post you've given has been so incredibly helpful.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Here, here. and thanks Chuff for all of you words.
    Every post youve given has been so incredibly helpful.
    I appreciate that, us good guys have to stick together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend tells me she loves me, yet she wants a break or breakup? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend is telling me she wants a break to see if she if I am the one. We're young, I don't plan on marriage for a while (we're 20) and I just don't understand her idea of couples needing to split up for a while to see if they are the one. She says this is for "us" but I'm...

My girlfriend breakup with me but she wants to be friend [ 20 Answers ]

HI!! I am new to the website... I have a girlfriend and we are together for almost 5 months, and we both love each other very much... one day someone told her parents about our affair... and her parents don't want their daughter to be in any affair, and her dad got an attack when she argue on...

4 years and a breakup [ 38 Answers ]

Me and my X met at our first jobs when I was 24 and she was 22. She began chasing me at work and having her friends come to my desk to ask if I was interested in her. I always said no and I wasn’t looking to get into a relationship. After about a month of this nonstop badgering of me, I gave in and...

Girlfriend loves me, I have done nothing wrong, but she wants a breakup? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, all. Ceph here. First post, just throwing that out there... Well, my girlfriend of 3 years has recently (say, in the past few months) decided that she felt we shouldn't be together. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Nothing." She told me that I didn't do anything wrong, and...

Girlfriend of five years [ 15 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for five years now and it has moved slowly. She has always been a good girl which is fine by me but I can't understand why after five years she still has a curfew with me and we're limited to just a few things we can do. Her parents make sure they know exactly where we...

View more questions Search