Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tranequa22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Is This Relationship Worth Fighting For.Im Lost!
    I have been dating this guy for a year now and I am truly lost on some things . When we first met it was wonderful we talked everyday and just enjoyed each others company. He moved in with me after four months of talking and we have been talking ever since. Since he has moved with me things have come to the light big time. He doesn't like to work anymore, I pay the rent, bills(cable, cell phones, electric, etc.), buy food, gas for both cars, and give him money to keep in his pocket. Then he has the nerve to tell me that I don't go anything for him but I thought keeping a roof over his head, clothes on his back, feed, etc. was doing for him. Am I wrong? Then when he wants something and I can't do get it for him he gets upset even though days before I had spent money on him. He is never happy , its like when I do 90% of the things right in our relationship he gets mad about the 10% that I can't do. He gets made when I don't agree with him on everything, I mean everything. That's like saying diesel fuel can go in my car because he said so, that's crazy. He says that he loves me but who wouldn't love a girl like me that do the things I do. I really feel like I am being used. I have tried to call it off so many times but he won't go away. What is my problem? What can I do?
    lostgirl123 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 11:57 AM

It seems as though he's taking you for granted & you deserve better.. you have out a lot into the relationship but he's changed & his true colours have shown.. you need to get rid of him & try & re-build your life together.. you need to tell him its over because of how he's treating you.. but you got to be strong & keep your head up.. its hard but you can do it.. also changing your locks would be a good idea.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 12:22 PM

He's a moocher. He's taking advantage of you.

Tell him he has to leave by such-and-such day. By the weekend, by the first of the month, whatever. Be strong.

You don't deserve this.
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Feb 11, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Yes, you ARE being used.

This guy is acting like a completely spoiled child, not a man. You're not his mother after all! You deserve way better than this.

My advice is to kick him to the curb and move on. Nobody likes a mooch!
    CrazyThumper Posts: 82, Reputation: 36

Feb 11, 2009, 04:27 PM
    tranequa22- kick this guy to the curb and find someone who appreciates you. I know so many people that just rely on others for all their needs. Like ducky said- are you his mother? Last time I checked I don't want to be the mom/dad to the person I love. It's one thing to support the person you love if they are appreciative and respect you, AND can't support themselves. Does he have a problem that he can't do anything on his own? Doesn't sound it...
    Thump
    Donroro80 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2009, 04:41 PM

I wish you were mine, at least you would meet me half way. You need to drop this sucker. He is the type of guy who is looking for a woman to take care of him. He is not a man, he is a cowed
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 07:22 AM

He is using you to the max, its time to kick him to the curb. The sooner the better.
    DSMom Posts: 55, Reputation: 17

Feb 12, 2009, 07:27 AM

I agree with everyone... get rid of him.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 07:34 AM

Call your local police station and ask if they can refer you to an agency that will help you to get him evicted.After a year ,you may have to do this legally.There is a legal board here and you might want to ask that question there.

He had his year of being pampered and coddled,its time to see the writing on the way and tell him the party's over.

It's a hard lesson to learn but there are some people in this world who you just can't be nice to.Give them an inch and they take a mile .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my relationship worth staying in? [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating about three months now. Basically my problem is this: My mother dislikes the fact that my girlfriend has not finished college and she has another 2 years to go. I am already a professional in the working world, but our ages are the same. She lives with her...

Lost Self-Worth? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have this problem that I seem to be dealing with. I have this idea that I have lost my self-worth! The last three guys that I have dealt with have screwed me over so bad. This one that I was dealing... he never put me down, but he never ever told me I was pretty not even cute. Now when I...

Is it worth fighting for [ 7 Answers ]

My wife of 10 years told me 2 months ago she wasn't happy then finally told me she had been having an affair for 5 months. She's told me everything that happened what they did etc not explicit but enuf. Turns out it was on fridays when she droped my daughter off at gym so was for 2 hrs max and...

Long Lost Relationship. [ 6 Answers ]

A little information: - I'm 17, male, upcoming Senior in high school. - The relationship that I'm referring to began in 1st grade and lasted until mid 4th grade. (8 years ago I believe) - Childhood relationships never last some say. I wish it were true in my situation. During first grade, I...

Not sure if Relationship is worth saving [ 15 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years, living together for 2 years. We bought a house together 1 year ago. Over the past year he has been drinking more and more, now about 5 or 6 nights a week. Mostly at home, unless we go to dinner or out somewhere. I have spoken to him about this several...

View more questions Search