Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freeway9782 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Back to back bathtub and shower backing-up in to each other
    The house is a 1950's split level. I have a tub and shower that are back to back and when you run one, it backs-up in to the other. I have opened up the bathtub stopper and removed a lot of hair and grease using an auger. I have had a little trouble putting the bathtub stopper back in place where it flips up and down easily. (not sure if this is part of the problem) I ran the auger a couple more times and no more hair is coming up. I have no idea how the shower and bath are connected at the drain level. Any advice would be really appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 05:36 PM

The 3" toilet drain probably joins the 2" shower and both go into a 3 or 4" main drain. Your clog is after they all come together. You might have some luck rodding down the vent stack from the roof itf you can do that safely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does the water from bathroom sink back up into bathtub? [ 4 Answers ]

Why does the water from bathroom sink back up into bathtub? Thanks!

Plumbing back to back shower valves [ 5 Answers ]

I am plumbing 2 showers that share a wall (back to back). In order to get the hot and cold supplies to the proper side of each valve requires lots of twists and turns. I was advised by someone to just use ½” male threaded connectors on the supply lines (sweat fit to copper) and then simply use...

Both me and my ex have new partners and we want each other back! [ 3 Answers ]

This is very hard. About 4 months ago me and my g/f split up. 2 months later though we hadn't really totally gotten over eahtother we stopped contact and we both ended up in a relationship with other people. But she would talk to me on msn every now and then which was once a month.at this time we...

Shower back-up [ 4 Answers ]

When I take a shower, after a couple minutes, the water slowly accumulates at my feet and stops draining out. Then after the shower is off, it slowly drains out. Also, when we run a load of laundry, both bathtubs/showers on the floor back up with "lint-filled" water. Now I know that the washer...

View more questions Search