Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love092489 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Lost Self-Worth?
    Hello,
    I have this problem that I seem to be dealing with. I have this idea that I have lost my self-worth! The last three guys that I have dealt with have screwed me over so bad. This one that I was dealing... he never put me down, but he never ever told me I was pretty not even cute. Now when I deal with guys when he is being sweet to me I feel like I don't know what to do. When a guy calls me beautiful I seem to get annoyed. I know that most women would love to have a man telling them how beautiful they are but not me. Now don't get me wrong I was not deprived of love as a child. I was always told that I was cute or pretty. I was always athletic and popular in high school. I mean I'm only 19 years old and I know that this can pose a problem for me in the future. I know that this all sounds like its contradicting itself. I don't know how to pick myself up and say... okay I don't need these men to be around and I can do fine all by myself. I keep going back to bad relationships because the good relationships scare me. Its like I don't think I deserve to be treated good! Help
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 12:59 PM

You are going to meet a lot of men in your life who will flatter you, but remember, even if you are feeling needy, you DON'T have to have a sexual relationship with them!

You have to observe guys... see their character and their habits(excessive alcohol or other bad habits)... don't be afraid to be choosy at age 19. Some characteristics always lead down the road to misery... avoid guys with these tendencies.

Don't be desperate... build a life for yourself and the good ones will come!
    rebeccastrean22 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 07:10 PM

K well first of all I wanted to say is you don't need a guy to make you happy. You don't have to have a guy to make you feel good. I learned this from experience. Most girls/young laidies/women are into most "bad guys" because they think that its what they deserve but in the long run you will learn that you don't want to have a bad guy you would want a good guy that respects you and loves you for who you are. First be friends, the meaning of a friend is a person who knows where you've been, knows who you truly are and will always invite you to grow. Late you will soon learn that if you be friends and get to know each other and build that relaationship to something else pretty soon it will be strong and you can move to the next level. But remember you don't need to have a guy to make you happy it might seem that way but maybe its cause you have a empty space in your heart and your thought control you and you think that its what you deserve but really you deserve better. I was 16 and I was in to "bad guys" and what happened was he beat me really bad and I was pregnant with his kid and I lost the baby and now I can't ever have kids or get pregnant again. So I hope this helps you you just need sumtime to think on what really you want and need then just a guy.
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
    You are not alone in feeling that way. Men treat us certain ways and sometimes we allow it. But the good news it you can get over those feelings and start feeling better about yourself. I am providing you with a link to a self help blog for women. You can read their Top 10 Inspirational Sayings to yourself over and over until you realize how wonderful you are. I've been there. Others reading your post have been there. I'm sure these messages will help you.
    http://helpselfwoman.com/blog/top-10-inspirational-sayings/2008/

Sooner or later you will find the right person for you. Stop running away from what you consider a good relationship. You do deserve the best. Keep telling yourself that. Seven months ago I decided I wanted to start dating again after a long relationship ended badly. I was by myself for a whole year. I met this guy at the gas pump and right now it is great. I'm not saying he is the one, but we BOTH are trying to leave the past behind and see where this goes. It will happen for you. Don't give up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

New guy and my low self worth. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently met a guy, and we went on one really fun date. Meant to be meeting this weekend, but don't know yet as he says he has to visit a relative. I find this hard to believe as a, I just don't trust men, and b, he was the one that was asking when we are meeting, and now he comes up with...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

View more questions Search