Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avaanstar Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Nov 19, 2008, 05:39 PM
    She doesn't understand!
    My friend isn't as hard-working as me in school.
    It's annoying because I'll be studying and she'll start talking about boys. School isn't that important to her and I get so irritated! I feel like a lot of my friends aren't as hard-working as me at school. I am trying to get A's and they are trying to get B's. I love my friends, but seriously, do you think it's time I start looking for more friends with similar values as me?
    sillyfool15 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
    I think, if you haven't alredy, you should tell your friend how you fell an let her no it bothers you. If she's a good friend she will understand.
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2008, 02:08 PM

You have your priorities right! You don't need to worry about their attitude because if they like guys they aren't going to drop them for work even though it will affect the rest of their lives. Keep doing what you are doing and you will lead a life that they won't have.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 02:19 PM

No don't drop your friends! Everybody has different priorities and what is good for one person might not be the best for the other.

If they are distracting you in class and don't appreciate you need to work then maybe a frank conversation is needed. Also if you have nothing in common then maybe it is best to let the friendship drift.

However it is good to have friends of varying abilities (have you ever thought perhaps they can't get that A?) and friends that have different aspirations. People have a different idea of where the work life balance lies.

Not that I can talk about work life balance! I'm doing a Ph.D so it's more of a work work balance! But I still have friends that work part time in the supermarket, it doesn't mean we don't share the same values we just have different ideas on what is important to each of us.

Live and let live is what I say!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 02:26 PM

I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you upset because your friend distracts you with talk about boys while you're trying to focus on school work? Or are you upset that your friend doesn't have the same priorities as you?
    avaanstar Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you upset because your friend distracts you with talk about boys while you're trying to focus on school work? Or are you upset that your friend doesn't have the same priorities as you?
    Both. I wonder if my friend's different priorities are influencing me in a subtle way. Maybe my mind is drifting away from school because of my friend.
    StrawberryGum Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by avaanstar View Post
    My friend isn't as hard-working as me in school.
    It's annoying because i'll be studying and she'll start talking about boys. School isn't that important to her and i get so irritated! I feel like a lot of my friends aren't as hard-working as me at school. I am trying to get A's and they are trying to get B's. I love my friends, but seriously, do you think it's time i start looking for more friends with similar values as me?
    No don't get new friend. Its them that don't wnt to shoot for the highest. Encourage them but if they blow you off just don't ask them again. And don't study with them if they distract u:rolleyes:
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Nov 29, 2008, 07:06 PM

I have the same problem at school sometimes. One friend of mine doesn't really care and this year it actually counts! My advice for you is to just keep plugging away and go for the best and maybe talk to your friends about it but be nice! Also about the new friend thing, keep your old friends but maybe reach out to other people who have the same thoughts about their grades. Become an open book!
    amasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Forget about her
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Dec 1, 2008, 05:03 PM

I have a similar acting friend... Just tell them you want to concentrate on school work. Or ask her if she wants to talk after school.

I don't think you necessarily need to have the same priorities, but don't let her affect you negatively.

Just talk to her,
    And let us know how it goes... I'm sure it will be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't understand [ 3 Answers ]

My 16 yr. old just started working as a busboy at a restaurant.he is fiiling out his w-4 form.what I want to know is does he put a number of dependents on this form or does he put 0 on it.

Trying to Understand [ 3 Answers ]

My grandmother for lack of a better word seems to be truly jealous of me. She is the mother of My Dad. But my Grandmother very rarely has anything positive to say about me or my children. I have never been disrespectful to her. However on the other hand, the other grandchildren (All Male)...

I just don't understand [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I were together 18 years She left me 14 times (BPD). I never cheated on her alhough every time she split I did get with people. Sometimes very full on. Every time we got back together I remained faithful. Whenever we were together and argued, she punished me for hese relationships and...

Does anyone understand [ 7 Answers ]

I understand that this question is pretty stupid and is probably a waste of everyone's time but I was wondering why there are such courses like 'how to choose a tv' I can sort of understand when people really don't know and refuse to be ripped off, but isn't it just a waste of a course that could...

View more questions Search