Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 4, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Have to agree with kat.. you are a grown woman... you parents are not going to spend the rest of their lives with you and have a family etc etc... there comes a point in life where you need to make your own decisions and not fear what you family is going to say... you really don't need their approval to be with this man... my advice would be to try to make amends with this guy if you truly love him and stop spending so much time worrying about what outsiders think..
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Whether he wants to or not he will move on and then where will you be?

There was a saying in a movie. "I'd rather have three minutes of wonderful, than a life time of nothing".

You're parents have no right to keep you from the man you love.

There are woman out there and believe me, they are looking for a man like him.

Do what your heart tells you to do. Don't settle for a lifetime of unhappiness.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 07:55 AM

Why do the wishes of your family come before what YOU want?? Do you depend on your family to support YOU?

After reading and merging your other threads, I see that its possible this thing has been on and off for more than a few YEARS, so can you clarify this for us with more information.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 10:23 AM

It's up to you. I could respond to you a million times and you would still be the one who has to make the decision.

Happiness or misery. To me it's a no brainier.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 10:32 AM

This has been going on for two years. So did you break NC and start contacting him again?
    Unless your family situation has changed, Unless you are ready to be an adult and make your own decisions about your life, leave him alone. This has been dragged through the mud for a long time.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 10:35 AM

He's not going to wait around forever. Twenty years from now or even a year from now you will be living the life you chose. With or without him. He's going to move on.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Aug 5, 2010, 11:23 AM

Hmm, I've read the whole saga. Wow. So you two got back together at some point? As others have said, this been going on too long. If I were you, I'd stick with no contact for good, it's just lose-lose situation.

I also see that you've changed a story a couple time about who break up with who - not like it really matters at this point, but you should own up your part and quit playing games.

He is probably done for good, at age of 48 how much more time he has to waste in a dead-end relationship, and who would blame him. Just look how much time you spent on this board crying you want him back, and when you finally got back together with him, you ended up at square one. This relationship is so messed up, I'd just leave it all alone.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Plumbing back to back shower valves [ 5 Answers ]

I am plumbing 2 showers that share a wall (back to back). In order to get the hot and cold supplies to the proper side of each valve requires lots of twists and turns. I was advised by someone to just use ½” male threaded connectors on the supply lines (sweat fit to copper) and then simply use...

Interlocking plate back to back feed [ 2 Answers ]

If I use a interlocking plate to backfeed my main(homelite 200amp)from my generator... from my garage... can I use the braker that is feeding the garage if I put it in the proper place to accommodate the interlocking plate? It's a 220 30 amp braker... so part of the question is... will the...

View more questions Search