Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 07:15 AM

I just realize something, in the past I have dated guys and after the break-up I let them back in my space because I felt lonely and realize after the person left what I did was wrong and didn't help the situation but it only made it worst. Don't let him in your life because you might feel lonely or because you want someone , don't sell yourself short.
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Oct 14, 2008, 12:42 AM

I KNOW! I fell off! I got lonely and he called. Here is the kicker, I know I am not completely over him because I had a planned date with a guy for almost a week and I basically told my date a lie ( my parents surprised me and came into town) to accommodate my ex-who by the way ended up leaving 30 minutes after the scheduled time of my date ( I cannot be too mad because he spent Saturday and most of Sunday with me). I ended up going on the date with the guy and it was fun!!
    imzz46 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2008, 01:20 AM

You've just proved to yourself that there are other guys out there and ones who will possibly be a lot more supportive and appreciative of you and your time! Seriously, you deserve more than what your ex is providing!. Find someone better and who loves you and the time he spends with you!! Allow yourself to be spoiled!! Don't ever accept second best!

Oct 14, 2008, 01:29 AM

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT! Please view my new post "When does a woman pay". I would like to know your opinion on my new dating situation. Thanks!
    michelleatilano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 03:07 AM

No he is not interested anymore? Why insisit?
    2008tana Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 04:49 AM
    It sounds like you both want different things... If you want a relationship you need to spell it out to him and wait for a response... No point hanging on to something that's not there, if you are meant to be fate will bring you 2getha again :)

Oct 14, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleatilano View Post
    no he is not interested anymore?? why insisit?
    I don't understand what you mean by this? If he was not interested then why was he calling me and asking to hang out? I obviously provided him something that he needs.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 10:18 AM

Darlin', you have another guy - a successful, older man - who is interested in you. He sees your good points, your maturity, your sweetness... WHY do you choose to go back to this ex that took your money, treated you bad, and is making you feel worthless?

Do you see yourself as successful, mature, sweet, able to conquer the world? Or, do you have a low opinion of yourself? This could be the crux of the whole matter...
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
    [QUOTE=AmExp;1320826]I don't understand what you mean by this? If he was not interested then why was he calling me and asking to hang out?

All beause he called you and wants to hang out with you doesn't mean he is interested in you and given his history I wouldn't even entertain him. Let him be someone else problem.

I obviously provided him something that he needs.

That's it, stop provided his needs. You have needs that need to be fulfilled. Don't put his needs before yours because he isn't doing the same for you and he only cares about his. You don't have to provide him with nothing any more, you did enough for him in past. Get out of this web.

You meant someone new. Have fun and get to know him while he's doing the same for you. You deserve to be happy and to be treated right.
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Oct 14, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Darlin', you have another guy - a successful, older man - who is interested in you. He sees your good points, your maturity, your sweetness.... WHY do you choose to go back to this ex that took your money, treated you bad, and is making you feel worthless??

Do you see yourself as successful, mature, sweet, able to conquer the world? Or, do you have a low opinion of yourself? This could be the crux of the whole matter....
    I have a feeling this one gives off the bad boy vibe, the whole player attitude, and maybe she's drawn to it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
    AmExp;1320826, I don't understand what you mean by this? If he was not interested then why was he calling me and asking to hang out?
    Maybe its not the type of interest you think.
    I obviously provided him something that he needs.
    Or wants, at his own price, not yours.

Hey, that's what a playa do, when they checkin' their traps!! :cool:

Oct 14, 2008, 12:23 PM

I think I am entangled in his little web. I am not interested in trying to rekindle a relationship with him either. I just got excited that he even called me the next day after all I said and what he told me. I do want better for myself, but I am so used to guys being mean to me. In fact, most of the guys I have dated ( with an exception of a few when I was 18) have always treated me in a mean way. I get very nervous when a guy is genuinely nice to me. While this new guy is treating me well I feel like there is something about him that I have yet to see. I am just waiting for him to flip the script on me. I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

On the other hand, my best friend has a major issue with me dating a 36 year old man. She feels as though he has baggage and I am settling again. In her opinion, she thinks I am caught up in his nice gestures, which any normal guy would do, but there is something wrong with the picture. Is this true?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 01:17 PM
    What type of bagage is your friend referring to?

Oct 14, 2008, 01:46 PM

The fact that he is 36, divorced, and two young children. Apparently that is his baggage. She knows that he is enjoying having a younger woman interested in him, but she feels as though he has some type of agenda. I don't see this as some type of sugar daddy situation at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She's fooling on me or its real? [ 7 Answers ]

Okie... this goes like... me and her are engineering classmates.. share a same group... I started feeling for her when I had gone awat for a presentation for like a week... I felt for her then... later when I rejoined them... we closely communicated and THAT feeling started growing up... it was in...

View more questions Search