Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nancy Guess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
    What are the terms reguired from asenior (89 yrs old to not have to pay taxes anymore
    When can a senios citizen that is 89 years old get to stop paying taxes ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 10:15 AM
    The person's age is irrelevant when it comes to paying taxes.

The determining factor on paying taxes is the amount of income earned.

A newborn baby whose parents use him as a model and earned modeling fees of $25,000 MUST pay taxes on that money. Granted, his parents will file the return and pay the taxes, but the return has the BABY's name on it.

Same logic applies to the senior citizen. If the 89-year-old is reciving interest and dividends from his investments and they exceed a set threshold, a tax return is required and taxes must be paid. I currently have several clients in their 90s who have to file a tax return and mail a check every April 15th, mosting due to the dividends they receive from Merck, ExxonMobil and Proctor and Gamble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay lag = terms lag + due lag [ 2 Answers ]

Thus Pay lag = terms lag + due lag State how you would expect the following events to affect each type of lag: a. The company imposes a service charge on late payers. b. A recession causes customers to be short of cash. c. The company changes its terms from net 10 to net 20.

Why can't I use my last pay check stub to file my taxes and get an early loan anymore [ 13 Answers ]

Did the IRS make a new rule about getting a loan through H&r block with your last pay check stub? I tried to get an anticipation loan like I always do and they told me they are not allowed to do that anymore unless you have your w2. Why is that

Sex terms [ 22 Answers ]

Fdsgvdfh

Defining terms [ 11 Answers ]

Could somebody define these terms please LAGOS ? Cash flow crisis - is it just a problem with earning money? Anti locust programms (something to do with giving food to poorer countries) Thank you

View more questions Search