Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hsvadi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
    What to do if girl ask you for space or break?
    Hi! My name is harry and I'm 23 years old. Me and my girlfriend were going out for about 3.5 years and we all happy in back those days. About 2 months we start fighting on small small things like (if she wants to go clubbing with me and I say no I can't go we fight on that.) And last week talk to me that she told her mom that oh she like someone and we know each other for about 3.5 years since I'm not from the same caste she is from her mom said no you can't meet that guy and also can't talk to that guy and she told me everything and I was like don't worry we will figure out something and on Friday night week after that someone from her relatives saw us and when she went home her mom got so mad and took her phone and asked her for school schducle and everything. Next day she suppose to work at 9am and she always calls me or text me before she leaves the house which she never did (and remember that I didn't know anything about the night befroe). I waited for her call till 1030am I got worried and I called her work she said oh my mom took my phone and this is what happen last night. I so worried I was like OK calm dwn ill call you bak she was like OK I called her work again and this time manager told me tah why don't u call her cell I was like she don't have cell and he said no she does and she cld me this time from her cell and said what do you want from me I need my space and I want break from you. I was so shocked I was like what ever. Next day got in fight that why she is doing this she was like I don't want to hurt my mom that is why she is doing it and also I have been changed a lot as well like I was so nice before 2 years ago and now I'm like this and that. So she was like get job be less emotinal and I might come bak to you. She was like when I'm home I'm not happy and when she is out of home I talk about relationship and she thinks I'm the problem I don't know what to. I don't want to lose her please help me and she also said that she don't know what she id doing but she said don't know what is the result going to be out of this space or break but told me to rememerb that she love me always will and there will be special space in her heart for me. So please tell me what I should do. Like if I don't answer her calls then I think she might think I don't give a shyt and if I do I think she is not going to realize that how she will feel without me please help me guys thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 07:07 AM
    So please tell me what I should do. Like if I don't answer her calls then I think she might think I don't give a shyt and if I do I think she is not going to realize that how she will feel without me please help me guys thanks
    She has asked for space, give it to her. That simple. Doesn't matter about why, just do as she says and focus on getting your own life and thoughts in order, while she does the same. Easy to say, but hard to do! I already know that. Its important to get your own feelings under control at this time, so do not call her. If she calls you then be very brief, and get off the phone, as its unfair to dump a guy, and then try and feed him so much crap, that does nothing but give you false hope, and confusion, but no positive results. You avoid this by limiting contact and basically leaving her alone. You also avoid begging, and looking like a complete fool, to someone who may not change her mind about you. Cut the contact, and leave her alone, to experience life without you in it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Who cares what she thinks? Did she care to think about your feelings on the situation? Didn't think so, so ignore her calls because SHE WANTED SPACE... It's time you reclaim your manhood and dignity. Start the No Contact phase NOW, if she is going to let her mom run her life at the age of 23 then something is going on. Now personally I think that is just an excuse to end it with you. Then she lied to you, are you going to continue to let her walk all over you and have you waiting on her every move?

Start doing No Contact, walk away and heal. This girl didn't even have the respect for you or the 3.5 years you were together to give you the truth! Get angry, when people get angry they bring about change.
    CarolChristina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Give her the space, sometimes it really isn't about you. Women are emotional creatures, and sometimes they get to overwhelming for us to even handle. We cry for no reason or get angry for no reason sometimes, and as much as it is a mystery to you, it is just as much a mystery to us, but the difference is we are living with it. Most of the time, women don't want to lash out to anyone. It is what us women do when we are like "what is going on with me??" we don't want to hurt the people we care about. And women are taught at a very young age, when we feel emotional, to call our friends, stay quiet till we figure out or get a grip of our emotions. So if she is asking for space it is probably because she needs it to figure out what she needs to do, and in order for us to think with our heads, we need to get rid of the feelings. So, if you want to be rude to her in the process of what is normal for women, so be it. But then she will see you as insensitive and mean. And it will only push her away further. Just let her know, you are there for her when or if she needs to talk, offer her a hug if she just can't talk. Give her the space while she knows you are there for her. Be a friend to her, because after all Boy-"friend" is the key to a good relationship.
    racial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 08:32 PM
    I didn't tell you my situation but instantly by just reading I felt at ease a bit by reading your article about when a lady said she want some space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

My fiancˇ Needs Space and Wants A Break [ 14 Answers ]

All right, This situation is something I have never seen before. Before I even start, I'm 26 years old, and she just turned 21.. which could be the issue. Anyway, we have been dating for 1 year and 1 month, we got engaged 7 months into our relationship down in Florida overlooking the gulf of...

Break and space from girlfriend, not sure of how to proceed [ 21 Answers ]

My girlfriend for 2 years has asked for a break to figure out how she feels. She's 23 and Im 25. I've read other posts and this seems normal to happen. She lost some feelings during the relationship and wants to know how she really feels. It's been a couple of days since this break. She says...

My Girl is Asking For Space [ 105 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been together for a year and one month. Everything was swell until a few weeks ago. She started acting weird. She never wanted to be on the phone any more, she stopped coming over and just invited me to spend the night a few time (we are still young, I'm 16 she is 17). Ive known...

View more questions Search