Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanusti_1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
    My girlfriend wants to break up.
    Hello everyone.I am really facing a serious problem in my life and I really appreciate any help I can get.I have been in a good relationship with a girl for 2 and a half years.it was a lovely time but now she wants to break up.well its not that I never got signs that she wasn't being as close to me as she used to me but I never thought things wiuld be this serious.she is telling me that she doesn't really love me she just sees me as a friend.and to add misery to my woes she feels she loves a very good friend of mine.well I'm really at a loss as to what I should do.I truly love her a lot.I have tried to forget her but its been over a month and nothings working out.so what should I do?

Stop contact with her to make her realise my worth?I am intent on doing so.
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Well you came to the right place but you might not like everybody's responses. What I would recommend is to focus on yourself now and cut off all contact with her. That means no drunk dialing, texting, checking her Facebook, or any of that. There is no guarantee that she will come back if you cut off all contact but I think it is in your best interest to do so because it allows you to get over her and focus on yourself. If you continue to communicate with her, your value goes down and you begin to fall into the "friends zone." This is hard and takes time but each day that passes will be a little better then the last.

I am not sure of how you and your friends are but I know with my friends there is a certain level of respect that we have for each other where we do not date any of each others ex's. I would never allow my ex girlfriend to come between me and any of my buddies. After all, these are going to be the guys who will undoubtedly be helping you through this.

Also, check out some of the other boards and sticky post for more information about what to expect and what to do. You are not the first or last to go through this so I would recommend searching through some of the other post and learn from somebody else's mistake so you do not have to repeat them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
    You are not alone, as we all have gone through this, read the links in my signature, and see if they apply to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend And I On Break, Be There For Her? [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are on break, her choice not mine, but we are also best friends in ever way and we both love each other more then anything, and I really mean that its not a silly high school relationship this is real, we've both felt it. I know I should go with the break and go check out...

Should I break up with my girlfriend? [ 45 Answers ]

So, today I found out some stuff about my girlfriend that kind of hit me pretty hard. After my girlfriend and I had been dating for a little while, she asked me why I still had my "hotornot" account still active. I told her that I just hadn't got around to deleting it. She said that she had already...

Girlfriend wants a break. [ 126 Answers ]

Hello everyone... Ive been reading the forums for awhile and they've made me feel better about my situation... But... My girlfriend and I were going out for about 2 years, everything was great, but then she decided to go away to college, she chose the same college I was going to go to when I...

Girlfriend needs a break [ 14 Answers ]

Okay here is my situation... I have been dating a girl named Kristin for four years. We are the best of friends. I treated her so well.. vacations, dinners, manners, etc. All of a sudden over the past three weeks she has been acting diiferently. A lack of affection, she seems to have lost interest...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

View more questions Search