Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    filmchick71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Considering a breakup
    My partner and I have been together for close to two years. We currently live together and have been for just over a year. I am at a crossroads and need some guidance. The bottom line is that I don't feel like I am in love with him anymore, and I am not sure I can get the feeling I had back. I wonder if it is just fizzling out over time and if this is normal?

He is a nice guy, but I only feel irritated and annoyed when I am around him. He has a 3 year old son from a previous relationship, and I feel that he ignores me and is rude when his son is around. This summer things came to a head. I broke my wrist very badly while I was in another city (three hours away) and required surgery. When I flew home, he did not come and pick me up at the airport because he said he could not leave his son at his parents alone. The next day, he left on a planned holiday with his son and left me alone, on medication and post-surgery, with no help at all. The holiday could have been post-phoned as it was not reliant on flights or schedules or hotel bookings. He said that he could not post-phone it because his 3 year old was expecting to leave and would be upset if the vacation was delayed.

I am not used to children, and have no desire to have any of my own. I do not know if it is normal to concede to the demands of a 3 year old like this, or if this is indulgent parenting and will only result in spoiling the child. My boyfriend seems to think it is OK, and defends his actions vehemently.

What should I do?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Your boyfriend is a package deal and it sounds like you aren't that into the whole package. Which is totally fine some people aren't "kid people" so I think you need to be honest with yourself and decide if you can stay in a relationship with someone who has a kid and if you feel comfortable having a kid as the third person in your relationship. If the answer is no then I would think you might want to reconsider the situation.

BTW- giving into the demands of a three year old is not typical. It sounds like your boyfriend feels guilty and as a result is spoiling the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

First crush after breakup [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I saw a girl in my college.she is new admission in my class.I m observing her from the first day of her college.I really like her.I have crush on her .whenver I'm alone her face appears in front of me.she is in my class.I have observed that she looks at me every time.when I look at her she...

Delaing with a breakup AGAIN [ 6 Answers ]

OK so just lastnight my boyfriend of 6months finished with me. I haven't actually slept all night or eaten since 2pm yesterday. He says he doesn't feel the same as what I do. And that's probably the worst feeling you could get... being in love with someone when then don't love you back. But...

Feelings for someone after a breakup [ 3 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex two months ago. I was mad at him for something extremely tiny. I felt betrayed. I have a very difficult time trusting people. I trusted him not to cheat. He never did. But, more or less, I trusted him with our relationship. I am a delicate person who tends to feel bad about...

View more questions Search