Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trpuckett Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
    My girlfriend for the past ten months wants a break and says she needs time
    So me and my girl friend have been together for ten months here in about two weeks. I love her to death. We were happy for a long time but she used to live an hour away but now she lives about 10 minutes away. I also had some bad habits that she didn't like and always tried to get me to change them. I always wanted to but never could. She felt like when I lit up a cigarette I was putting it first and her second. So she tells me to quit or we would break up. I did. And then a couple days later she tells me she has been dating another guy for about a month now. She is happy with him too. He treats her like I never did. He is 23 and me and her are 19. We have had tons of talks in the past week since she asked for the time. I don't know what she wants during this break period though. Neither does she. I have fixed the problems she asked but she is upset that she had to ask me. I am not mad about the dating the other guy because I have been there early in our relationship. We have had to take 4 breaks all within the first couple months. And during that time I made a couple of them and I dated another girl. We got past the breaks but I don't know how to get past this one because she likes him because he does all the right things for her. They go out on dates all the time. In the ten months we have hung out a lot. But yet we never actually went out on many dates. I need some advice on this please
    Rachel041286 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trpuckett
    So me and my girl friend have been together for ten months here in about two weeks. I love her to death. We were happy for a long time but she used to live an hour away but now she lives about 10 minutes away. I also had some bad habits that she didn't like and always tried to get me to change them. I always wanted to but never could. She felt like when i lit up a cigarette i was putting it first and her second. So she tells me to quit or we would break up. I did. and then a couple days later she tells me she has been dating another guy for about a month now. she is happy with him too. he treats her like i never did. He is 23 and me and her are 19. We have had tons of talks in the past week since she asked for the time. i dont know what she wants during this break period though. neither does she. I have fixed the problems she asked but she is upset that she had to ask me. I am not mad about the dating the other guy because i have been there early in our relationship. we have had to take 4 breaks all within the first couple months. and during that time i made a couple of them and i dated another girl. we got past the breaks but i dont know how to get past this one b/c she likes him b/c he does all the right things for her. they go out on dates all the time. in the ten months we have hung out alot. but yet we never actually went out on many dates. i need some advice on this please
    If you love her then tell her, don't let her go. It can be fixed if it's that important. Make sure you don't have any regrets. They're so hard to live with. Do anything you can think of to keep her :-)

Sep 2, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Thanks but I feel like I could be being to close sometimes. I don't want to hold so close that we fall farther part.
    pugsley26 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Do what's right you know what she wants give it to her. Do what it takes, treat her like a princess and open up to her more then what you have. Be a devinare and take her on a special date , like reinact the first time you met but make a date out of it. A great start is a single flower her favorite at that, at the beginning of the date then give compliments but not to many and follow through with the rest of the dozen of flowers

Sep 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I can't treat her like I want to because she is with this other guy. So going on dates is really out of the picture. At the same time I don't want fall into the friends zone and let her think I'm happy with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend needs a break/time to think it through [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, my girlfriend and I have been together for 6 months, but were arguing rather frequently for maybe the latter 3 months - recently she went for a 3-week long trip overseas and we argued again while she was there.. and when she came back (yesterday) she told me that she needed a break from the...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

NJ-Requested to break lease, not settled yet - 8 months now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I requested to break the lease in Aug 2006 after staying only 2 months after signing 1 year lease. Sent a letter in writing as I lost my job and can not afford to be in the apartment. But, haven't received any information from the apartment. Called several times. Used to call almost like...

My girlfriend wants a break for some time. [ 105 Answers ]

Hi guys, I really have a problem and I really need your help. I was reading through some topics from people that had similar problems, but I think mine is different in a way. I was with this girl for almost 8 years. We had for 4 years long distance relationship, but we met every summer and Xmas...

Brown blood on and off for the past three months! [ 2 Answers ]

Since October I've been bleeding on and off and its January now. I've alwayz had an irregular period and until October I hadn't had it for almost 6 months. It goes away for a few days and then returns. It's not heavy flow, I don't even have to wear anything. Im just worried, and it's a real pain to...

View more questions Search