Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcus83 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Want money from ex girlfriend for dog
    I bought an $1800 puppy for my girlfriend a year ago, we broke up, found out she never loved me, it was all an act. She's in Virginia, Im in Florida, I know I could file a claim in virginia but would I lose if I tried to take her to small claims court to get her to pay me the $1800 back?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 06:10 AM
    It would be understood in court that the dog was a gift as a suspect it was. Typically in situations like this I do not believe you will win.

Marcus - you need to let it go. I get it. You are angry. She used you and disregarded your feelings and your relationship. She is a bad person. Do not let her actions turn you into a spiteful, mean spirited person. That does not seem to be who you are at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 06:40 AM
    If the dog was a gift, yes you would lose, If you have some proof she asked you to buy the dog for her and she intended to pay you back, then you could win.

So best bet, go on with life, stop contact with her, and move on with your life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

Girlfriend who owes me money wants to evict me [ 3 Answers ]

I have lived with my girlfriend for eight years. The house is in her name, and I pay her a monthy rent, plus half of utilites and other such expenses. She is also a student, and I have loaned her significant ammounts of money over the past four years, to help with her school expenses. ...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

View more questions Search