Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scb3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 09:36 AM
    11 yo dog won't stand anymore
    1 week ago, my dog limped into the house holding up a leg and he hasn't eaten since and won't stand up. He is getting dehydrated as skin is getting tight. He has seen vet 2x this week with another appt in 3 days. Blood work shows possible kidney failure and x-rays show nothing significant. Back seems to be stiffening. Any help would be appreciated.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I would just watch him closely and follow what your vet has told you. Did the vet put him on special food for the kidneys?
    You could also try massaging your dog to relieve some of the stiffness.
    Good Luck.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jul 7, 2007, 10:12 AM
    If the dog is in kidney failure,then there is not much you can do except make him as comfortable as possible for the time he has left.Most animals will stop eating and their coat starts to become dull and falls out easily.This is a terrible thing a pet goes through,and my cat was hardly herself when she gave up.My cat showed signs of being senile and confused during her final weeks.Many can live quite a while with this disease,it's up to you on his quality of life... Remember how many great times you shared with him,no one can take this away.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 08:46 PM
    I didn't appreciate the rude reply I got when I answered your email.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

What does this stand for? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering this was on my boyfriends record or whatever they call it 1 count/merged count of : 2C:17-3*4 Criminal Mischief /4 What's the numbers for?

Where do I stand? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site but my head is going crazy with thought an I need help pleasssse I met this guy about 2 weeks ago we have been on 3 dates which were all really good we have spoke everyday by phone or text but I felt like maybe I was always in touch with him first then read this article about...

Stand Up Shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stand up shower in the upstairs bathroom. I am now experiencing staining on the bathroom ceiling beneath the upstairs bathroom. I know its not a supply leak because we held off showering upstairs for months. I removed all the shower caulking and replaced it, thinking water was getting...

What does GSD stand for? [ 1 Answers ]

Excuse my ignorance, but what does GSD stand for? I've wondered - German Shorthaired Dog? Great Something Dane? Good Sweet Dachshund. LOL Anyone? Much thanks ahead of time. :p

View more questions Search