Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaucer210dhj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Is verbal & emailed copy of commercial lease binding without signature?
    Saw a commercial property on Monday, in New Hampshire. Told landlord I would take it. He told me he would email me a copy of the lease and then get me the keys. (no money yet exchanged) Received an email of the lease with all of our information placed in it. Was told move in date of Aug, 1st- he would put in new carpet, etc. We covered all the details. We were supposed to exchange signatures and money tomorrow but he just informed me (after I called to set up a time) that he showed it to someone else and may rent to them even though he had already committed to me.
    Does he have any binding or legal commitment to rent to me as we had a verbal agreement and he emailed me my lease?
    DarkHour99 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
    If you never really got a signature from him, I don't think you can do anything about it... if you have proof that he agreed to give you the house, and you already started packing up, and told your other landlord that you were moving, you could probably take him to court, that's just about all I know... I'm not really an expert at this stuff, but from what I see on all those court shows, you could do that lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal Agreement- Binding or No? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in Ohio. I have a verbal agreement with someone. The agreement was that he would purchase some software and equipment for me, and that I would pay him back with a percentage of the proceeds of the small business I was starting. He became angry with me and now wants me to give him back his...

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Are email commitments to lease binding if the lease has not been signed? [ 1 Answers ]

We have 2 emails from a rentor stating that they will take the property for the summer (like they have for the last 3 years) and that they are putting the lease and the check for the total rent amount in the mail. We then received an email saying they changed their minds. We never received the...

Unsigned lease, but verbal commitment - legally binding? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently leased a large commercial space in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but have not yet signed the lease. I have paid 2 months rent as a deposit, and was given 3 months rent free to do renovations. I am now in my first week of business, and things are very slow. What I need to know is, am I...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

View more questions Search