Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freddy91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 07:39 AM
    My girlfriend wants space...
    I'm 18 and I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years. We get on great together and we usually spend hours on the phone each day. I love her so much and I know she loves me too. Although,lately I have been feeling quite down as I suffered an injury to my knee which has kept me out of my main activaty in life,basketball. This has rubbed of to my girlfriend and she says I annoy her almost everyday and that I am needy. She says now she wants space away from me for a week. She says she is so confused but she still wants to be with me and loves me and doesn't want to break up. Please help me or is there anything she is trying to tell me
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 07:48 AM

Stop taking your frustration out on her, and letting your neediness rub off on the relationship.

I think she is telling you that you are annoying and boring and no fun to be around.

Sorry for your setback, but stop taking it out on her. So next week, show her a better side of you.

That's what she is saying and the time is for you to think and make some adjustments to your attitude. There is a life to enjoy beside basketball, you know.
    onceuponadecember92 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 09:37 PM
    Well with me being a girl, I'll give you a female perspective on this matter. Sometimes it takes some space and separation for someone to realize how much they truly care about having someone in their life. I mean I can relate to this... there have been men in my life that I know I care about deeply and talked to them all the time yet at times I felt I needed some space from them... having that space gave me a greater appreciation for the person and helped our friendship in the future. And don't get yourself down about the whole injury thing... you can't help the fact that you got injured, and I'm sure your girlfriend understands that. And if you give her that space, I have a feeling, based on past experiences of mine, it will only help your relationship in the future- hope this helps!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 09:42 PM

Hours on the phone is what I wonder about.

How about hobbling for some face to face.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 6, 2010, 01:57 AM
    Got to agree with tali here... shes plainly told you that she doesn't want to break up she just wants a break so she can keep her sanity and in essence keep from breaking up with you... not even 2 weeks ago I had a discussion with a buddy of mine who is deployed with me that she needs to take a break from her boyfriend because he was driving her crazy... so that's exactly what she did... she didn't talk to him for like a week... look don't go smothering her over this.. and please don't blow up her phone.. just give her the space she asks for and like tali said next week have a better week.. no one likes to be around a sourpus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants space? [ 28 Answers ]

Well, I've been with my girlfriend for around 7 years (we're both 28yrs old) and she's just told me she needs 'space'. In general we've got a great relationship and recently things have been really good between, we bought a house 7 months ago and have spent all our time planning and renovating...

My girlfriend says she needs space? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently been dating this asian girl for 4 months now. She is, 22, foreign student so her english isn't all that great. On the other hand I am half asian, half hispanic, 28 (not that any of this matters). At first when we started dating she was non-stop calling me up to 20 times a...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

View more questions Search