Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    The best thing about AMHD is the great advice I had gotten here when my ex fiance broke up with me 6 months ago,again. Without that great advice I think I would still be sitting and staring at the wall and very hurt. I Am so much better the when I joined 5 months ago. I have taken the advise here and tried to apply thru my hurtful situation. Now I get the satisfaction and the honor to apply what I have gone thru and the knowledge I have gotten from my fellow posters who have helped me.
    Awsome, SAB, that is wonderful!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:05 AM
    I am also learning things that I don't need to worry until I get old, very educating.:)
    Get well prepared for my future!
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I am also learning things that I don't need to worry until I get old, very educating.:)
    Get well prepared for my future!!
    To say the least, you are a wonderful soul. Smart, funny, pretty, and compassionate! Keep up the good work sweet. Start
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Get well prepared for my future!!
    Oh, you're not going to want to worry... For me, worry never changed anything but my hair color.
    Assign everything that concerns you just so much time and when you've done your best, let fate do the rest.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 07:40 AM
    The best thing that happened to me here was a girl who was having stomach pains. She said she could not be pregnant. After being here with her for an hour, I got her to log off and go to the hospital as she was clearly in labor (she was 17).

Although she could NOT be pregnant, I got a picture of a beautiful mother and baby daughter via e-mail the next week.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Awwww...
    That's sweet and sad at the same time...
    Does her family know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 09:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure they know now. That was this past fall, LOL Baby would almost be close to a year old by now.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 17, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Probably my fav part of AMHD is being able to learn from other people on day to day subjects but also being able to help others with their problems... knowing you can make a difference is actually pretty rewarding within itself:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I love it when I hear from anyone that my post helped.
    It warms me knowing that I helped in my own small way to make life a little easier for someone I do not even know...
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 11:59 AM
    ... and it beats staying home... LOL
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Bringing this forward...

... And to also say that being on here has allowed me to meet many good people and learn about myself.

Interesting dicussions and sometimes a little sparring. Rarely is it boring!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 18, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Being able to help others who are going through phases that we can help them with.

Being part of a wondersul international family. Having friends who support you more than the friends I thought I had who help me get back up when I'm down and depressed.

I love you all.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 06:42 AM
    All the free love I get from here... ;)
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Being able to help others who are going through phases that we can help them with.

Being part of a wondersul international family. Having friends who support you more than the friends I thought I had who help me get back up when I'm down and depressed.

I love you all.
    Chery, you could use a hug! We've got plenty to go around!
    My thoughts are with you! Anytime!
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    All the free love I get from here...;)
    Free love! Sharing our collective thoughts and lives!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Good post Captain
    I came on here a few months ago when I was going through a bit of a tough time , I got lots of good advise and it really helped me get through it. Since then I come back and try to give some input back and hopefully help afew people understand not only what I've been through but hundreds of others. If it helps just afew its well worth it. Unfortunatelely I don't get the chance to get on here as much as some of you but love the interaction , you guys are Brilliant!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2007, 11:32 AM
    The free love and support from here is such a blessing.

Unfortunately, what's not free are medical bills, rent, telephone and internet fees and groceries.
    This is what I am currently having a lot of trouble with due to my piled up bills and welfare check of only 600 Euro. I have applied for medical retirement but that will take six months and I don't know if I will live that long. I have been told that by the 25th I will probably not have net access or telephone anymore, so I will not be able to spend much time with my AMHD family in the future.
    My daughter helps me with groceries and lets me spend time with my grandson. My two brothers have problems of their own in Afghanistan and Las Vegas, so I cannot expect much help there. My BF rejected me due to my recent diagnosis so I can no longer use his computer.
    I know that there are people in this world a lot worse off than myself, but this is happening to me and it makes me very angry and very hurt. So much so, that I don't want to prolong this degrading and demeaning condition. I used to be proud of who I am and happy to be alive, but these past two years have made me see things differently. There is no dignity to this and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope that it does not take long for it all to end. I've already been told that surgery is too late and that it might have spread through nerves and into my head, so chemo is out for me too.

I'm not giving up and intend to raise some hell while still around and will surely not let anyone push me around anymore or put me in the corner of a hospital room for my relatives to pay for.

I love you all and wish you all the best. And I will stay online as long as possible.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Oh no Chery... Noooo...
    I like my Chery... I want you to be able to talk about things, and share good times with us... It will be very important for you to be able to do that!
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
    OOH Chery,
    I feel for you.

Me, not having so much trouble find this site a moral booster with all your love and have come to sort of depend on it a lot.I can understand how much more all the people here must mean to you chery.

I hope there are better times ahead for you.

HUGGGGS
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    OOH Chery,
    I feel for you.

Me, not having so much trouble find this site a moral booster with all your love and have come to sort of depend on it a lot.I can understand how much more all the people here must mean to you chery.

I hope there are better times ahead for you.

HUGGGGS
    You guys are making me cry, and maybe it's good for me because I've kept so much inside.
    I don't plan on giving up till my last breath, and I hope that I can be here on AMHD for as long as possible. I promise I will try not to be too morose, but I guess today just overloaded me.

Thanks so much for being here for me and letting me vent. I will keep you posted as much as I can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We get some funny ones here at AMHD! [ 1 Answers ]

Im sorry. Not sure if I should have done this but I laughed too hard not to share!! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens-health/cleanliness-vagina-95006.html

An Idea I have Thanks to AMHD [ 6 Answers ]

So in reading all of the posts here on the dog forum I got to thinking. Many of the posts here are from dachshund owners and some owners that don't seem over joyed with their new pet. I started to worry about where these pets go if they do not mix in well with their new home. I got online and...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search