Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laceup Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 12:53 PM
    Rekindling with my ex?
    Okay, so I stopped talking to my ex in mid May. We had not talked at all up until 2 weeks ago. I was fine up until she snapchatted me. I've been snapchatting her for about 2 weeks and I was thinking if I should wait a little longer to text her? When would be a good time to ask her to hang out? Should I? If not to go out again, just to be friends.

PS she's the one that broke up with me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 01:03 PM
    Leave her alone a start with a fresh clean slate with someone else. Why get dumped twice by the same person, or go back to a rerun of the same thing.

Talaniman Rule - Never chase an ex that has dumped you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2013, 01:05 PM
    You know what you should do better than we do. We won't know how you will react if she rejects your efforts. We don't know the reasons you broke it off in the first place. Based on those things I can only recommend what I would do. And that is I have a strong belief never to go backwards.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 01:12 PM
    I would not go there again.Why did she break up with you?

Jul 24, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I would not go there again.Why did she break up with you?
    She was going through personal stuff and she didn't want to be in a relationship.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    She was going through personal stuff and she didn't wanna be in a relationship.
    Is her personal stuff resolved, has she

Expressed an interest in a relationship? I would leave it alone.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    She was going through personal stuff and she didn't wanna be in a relationship.
    So what happens the next time she goes through "personal" stuff? Are you honestly going to accept the fact that she will dump you when life isn't as easy as she wants it to be?

Jul 28, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Idk, I mean she was my first love so I want to give it a shot. What if I just want to be friends? Would it be okay to text her? What would you say in her position?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Like kctiger said what happens when she hits the personal stuff again? Couples are suppose to back each other and support each other through rough times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rekindling an old flame. Would you? Problem is she's half way across the world [ 2 Answers ]

As the title says. We 'separated' 7 years ago after a short whirlwind romance due to circumstances. We never 'broke up'. She was the sister of my brothers girlfriend at the time (now ex), and I met her during a holiday at her family house, and we hit it off immediately the same evening. She was my...

Rekindling old Flames - Psychology today - Interesting article [ 3 Answers ]

Psychology Today: Rekindling old flames Might be interested in the above ^ - Please do not take it for reality in your situation :P Just an interesting read Here is a bit which is important: The original problems will always be reactivated. The conflicts that caused the original breakup...

Strategy on rekindling interest and desire in a former mate. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everybody, and thanks for stopping in to read this. It's probably not unlike many topics you have read on the subject, and I have read a few of them as well. First let me make it clear I am a student of DYD and SoSuave and LoveTactics and I do have a basic understanding of the principles of...

View more questions Search