Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv123 View Post
    and none of them know about all this because we generally dont drag our fights in public.
    I don't see where this fight started.

Is it from you asking him to be more than a friend?After the birthday party?
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv123 View Post
    ... he could manage to buy only some gifts ,,
    So he has bought you some things,he went out of his way to surprise you on your birthday.

How do you see this as a 1 sided relationship?

He did something out of the ordinary for your benefit,and you say he isn't interested?
    Luv123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 01:33 AM
    Not exactly a fight... N did not force him to take me more than a friend or something, I don't do it with anyone because anyone needs his own space

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I don't see where this fight started.

Is it from you asking him to be more than a friend?After the birthday party?

Dec 11, 2008, 01:38 AM
    This is what it is all about, he says he takes me as his special friend, and when I told him few months back about how I feel for him, he just said he does not want to be in any kind of relationship with anyone and concentrate just on his career.
    It is all twisted and complicated which makes it all the more difficult to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    So he has bought you some things,he went out of his way to surprise you on your birthday.

How do you see this as a 1 sided relationship?

He did something out of the ordinary for your benefit,and you say he isn't interested?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 05:43 AM

I am hoping with the more that we communicate,someone will add to this topic.Others thoughts might help clear up a few things.
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Dec 11, 2008, 05:53 AM

Sorry if I'm missing something. I really don't feel like this is complicated at all. You guys are close friends, you felt something for him, he doesn't feel the same way about you. Therefore, you stop seeing him that way doing whatever you need to to do so. Maybe he likes that you have those feelings for him and doesn't want you to see someone else like that(some people are really like this, even if they don't reciprocate feelings). I'd just ignore him and go on about your life. Whether you stay friends with him is up to you. Depends on whether you can handle being friends with him (and ridding yourself of your feelings) and if he can understand that friends doesn't mean anything more (tell him it shouldn't matter what guy you're interested in, its your business)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 07:19 AM

It just seems like you want a lot more from this than he does, and for whatever reason your investing more than he is emotionally. That's not balanced or fair, but you have to realize he has told you how he feels, but your hoping for more, and I know its frustrating when he doesn't give it to you.

At some point you have to back off, see reality, and balance your life with other things, and be open to other ways of being happy without him.

I suggest leaving him alone and being honest with him about your feelings and your need to move on with your life.

Its hard, and frustrating to be friends with someone when you want more from the friendship than they do.
    dazzling Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 12, 2008, 11:05 AM

Listen Luv 123,

I love that movie Holiday and made a difference in my life too and gald I could share it with u.

No one should treat you this way.

Not even a friend should tell you that they have not time for u.

That's the point of friends they make time for u, they want you to be happy for u, & build you up.

If he has no time for u, romantically, then he should be happy that you find someone else. But he keeps standing in the way of your happiness.

U don't need a friend like that much less a boyfriend.

I wish you all the best. I am always here to chat. Good luck!

Dec 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Yeah, can actually relate myself to Iris in the movie, I think every time I would get carried away , the movie would help me come back on track!

I know I deserve some one much more sensitive and caring than him, don't want to waste myself on him anymore. I just wish that I would get courage to make myself tough enough to implement this and not go to the same old path again where I always kill myself respect..
    Would just say all gals are 'emotional fools'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One sided love... really need help! [ 54 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a new member of this community . I had come across this community while looking for the answer to my questions.Well to state my problem... I have become a hapless victim of one sided love.The girl I love is already committed to someone else.I love her passionately... its been a...

One-sided love [ 5 Answers ]

Good day! I just want to ask for some advice. Hope you guys can help me about this because it's making me tired of thinking on what am I suppose to do. I have this crush before. He's a type of my ideal guy. We had this mutual understanding thing and he courted me but I rejected him, because I...

Could this be a one sided attraction [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm in heavy like with my boss.and he is in his 20s and he is fine and I undestand that you can't have a realationship in the workplace,how ever he is fine and educated and tall with the prittyest big brown eyes that is just irresistible. We constantly have eye contact and its as if he is...

One Sided Love [ 2 Answers ]

I knew him as a friend and colleague and I didn't know when I fell in love with him. I always felt he liked me and we were friends for the last 2 and half years or so... then I proposed him and he said me that he had fallen in love with someone else and he did not treat me more than a friend and...

Website one sided [ 4 Answers ]

I made comments on a website today positive comments about lawyers practices. All of the comments were negative and when I checked mine they are not displayed. How can you trust those sites and people are only getting one side of the story.

View more questions Search