Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beautiful black Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
    All the family members hate me
    Its not that I am ugly or not friendly.. its just am not going to be a doctor a lawyer or an architecture... they hate that I am too sensitive too romantic... why the hell would people hate that..
    I just can't be like them and I don't want to... not for them..
    Sometimes ithink about packing and getting out of this place but I don't have the... I don't know.. Can you tell me what can I do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 11:52 AM

First off how old are you? What types of things do they do that make you feel they hate you?
    dazzling Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 7, 2008, 12:06 PM

Does not matter is it family or friends, no should make you feel bad or outcast you just because your are a certain way.

FInd friends or like minded people to hang out with or at least get a pet. Pet's love you no matter what.

To take a trip away from them is a great idea.
    Whenever I have traveled to a new place I've found out new things about myself. (maybe if you are gone, your family will realize what they have missed out on)

Be poud of who you are. I think sensitive people are hard to come by. So Cheers to u.

Dec 7, 2008, 12:06 PM

17years... they keep up judging with a very mean way... my clothes... my intrests like romantic movies and music.. they're very strict religious people

Dec 7, 2008, 12:11 PM
    I really like your idea but about getting away... I don't have the strength to do it... but I feel better after I read uranswer
    dazzling Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 7, 2008, 12:16 PM

There is lot of ways to get away, you can go to school, college,

U can volunteer with a group, like "habitats for Huimanity" (and they will pay for everything) where you will meet other sensitive people like yourself.

It does not take a lot of money to get away, U just need to do find where you want to go.

U can also join the peace crops. Or simply get a job an another city.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 12:21 PM

Sometimes parents will do this because they have a set image of how they want their kids to turn out. They see it as a disappointment that you are not following their footsteps. They want to live their life through you. You can't let their feelings get in the way or make you feel bad. Recognize the problem as theirs and don't take it on as your own. Don't discuss what you want and don't want as your future. If they ask questions about you give them brief rather vague replies to each question. Like "Do you plan to go to college?" Answer: ''NO" ? "Then how do you plan to be a doctor?" Answer: "I haven't been giving it much thought''. They will still hate the replies but at least you haven't given them a bunch of info to use against you.
    When you explain too much to them then the conversation goes more like I can't believe you are not planning on going to college to be a doctor. What a let down you want to be an artist! You think you are going to get anywhere doing that? I can see it now you will be penniless and useless. What do you think your life will be like? What do you think that... blah, blah, blah.

You are 17 be your own person and develop your identity the way you are comfortable with. You can't live your life through your parents eyes and usually parents like that anything you do will never be good enough so why bother when you know this? If you spend your life trying to please others by doing what they expect you will be miserable.

Dec 7, 2008, 12:22 PM
    I hope it was that easy.. am not american.. :d I am egyptian

Dec 7, 2008, 12:29 PM

I guess your right.. I will try doing that... I just love them and don't want to hurt them.. but usually with me enough is enough
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 12:33 PM

You can love them and respect them. Do what they want in reason.
    But in long term goals you have to choose what is best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inviting Only Certain Family Members [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé and I both want a small wedding just a few select friends and family, problem is my mothers side of the family is huge 1 brother and 4 sisters and then about 100 cousins and my fathers side isn't as big but there's still a lot. I don't get along with most of them our views are...

How do I evict my family members? [ 10 Answers ]

I need help to find out how to evict my family members? My daughter, son and husband, who I have been separated from for three years will not move out of my house. I have been making the mortgage payments for over three years now and it has broke me financially. About a month ago I had a 30 day...

View more questions Search