Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krisxoxotin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 09:21 AM
    HELP! My boyfriend likes me more than I like him
    Thank you so much for listening to me. So last year by boyfriend tom asked me out and I said yes we lasted for 3 months then we broke up around January. My nosey friend hooked us back together. I like him in all but I don't want a boyfriend. When he asked me out I didn't have the heart to say no. now I don't have the heart to say can we be friends. He is really hott and really nice and he is the star quaterback and I am a cheerleader (sounds gay I know) I need your advice should I break up wit him or stay wit him. Do I lay it mellow for a little bit or do I jujst fake my love? Ty for your time and the more comments the better!
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Nov 5, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Do not under any circumstances fake your love! It will only cause that much more pain when the relationship ends.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Yes break up with him.

You are doing worse by him by not being honest. If you really cared about his feelings as much as you think you did then you would be completely honest and up front with him.

Don't string him on. It will only get worse for both of you the longer you leave it!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Yep! Lying about love is a sure-fire road to heartache for everybody involved. Let him down easy if you can maybe, but not so easy that he doesn't get the message. Far better to say "I like you but don't really love you" and let him do with it what he can. That gives you both the freedom to go about your business. Stringing him along to avoid hurting his feelings is worse than hurting his feelings.
    gansada Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Well how do you know if he is not just faking it too?

Well, if you don't want a boyfriend break up.

Like my peeps say, don't lie.

IT HURTS!!

Do what you think is best for you.

He might not always be there!

Love is kinda hard to find these days!!

Peace!

Hoped i helped!

chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
    By faking love your actually faking the biggest love of the relationship. Your lying to him about your feelings towards him. For both of your sakes I think you need to let him go.
    FalloutBoy Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Nov 9, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Hmmm tough one... why couldn't he just be a friend with benefits?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 02:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxoxotin
    thank you so much for listening to me. so last year by boyfriend tom asked me out and i said yes we lasted for 3 months then we broke up around january. my nosey friend hooked us back together. i like him in all but i dont want a boyfriend. when he asked me out i didnt have the heart to say no. now i dont have the heart to say can we be friends. he is really hott nd really nice nd he is the star quaterback nd i am a cheerleader (sounds gay i know) i need your advice should i break up wit him or stay wit him. do i lay it mellow for a little bit or do i jujst fake my love? ty for your time nd the more comments the better!
    Be totally honest with him, he will respect you more for that, instead of faking your love for him, that can't last forever he will soon find out and be more hurt.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 05:30 AM
    I caution you to stick by what you believe as I see you being easily manipulated into doing things you don't want to do. Start being honest and stand up for yourself and you won't be in these awkward situations.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 06:52 AM
    As others have prety well said, break up.

Also, and this is going to sound harsh but I really mean it honestly for your well being... you need to get a backbone and learn to say no. for your health and the health of others.

We do enough things to screw our lives and relationships up as it is... one of the KEY things you will need to be happy in life is the ability to know what you want and to communicate that to others. SO MANY problems get posted here where people just don't talk openly.

So... don't feel badly about what you want. Its what you want. Feel badly about being with a guy and leading him on because you couldn't say no. then get over it and tell him you are done. Be selfish and strong enough to do what you already know is right.

You posted here, so you are already on the right track... finish the deal. Drop the guy. Don't do it again. Better to be honest about what you want.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 10, 2006, 07:03 AM
    If you start saying yes to things such as a commitment when you don't really mean it, think about how this will go on to affect you in the future and other very important decisions you will have to make.

I am focusing on the soft-heartedness first because I have a family member who is exactly the same way. You have the right to any choice you make, but good or bad there is always a consequence. Start saying no when you mean it, sometimes you have to think more with your mind than your heart.

It is very important that you back off right away, you nor him needs someone who stays by your/his side simply because they feel bad.

Be his friend, and make it clear that you don't want to be anything more than that. :)
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Be honest with him. If there is no spark for you when you hang out - then break up.

Do not, under any circumstances, lead this guy on. He may hurt for a while - but it sounds like Tom needs to learn a lesso nas well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to no if an ex boyfriend still likes you [ 6 Answers ]

How can u tell if your ex boyfriend still likes you

How would I know if my ex boyfriend still likes me? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend broke up with me but I still believes that he likes me. He's always trying to contact me after what he did.

This means she like me better than likes me right. [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so for about 4 months now I'm been going out with this girl. The thing is I had to lie to her parents and she as to lie to her parents about my name. Cause they found out that I took her and her friend somewhere to have a drink. Where all minors, anyway the other girl blabbed her mouth and...

Help me please do you think he still likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up 4 months ago because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.but we still talk sometimes and I just talked to him online a few min ago and my pro is all about him and at the end I have I still love you a lot!. and his name he read it and was like why do you still like me...

If she likes me or not? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if this girl likes me Here it goes I know this girl scence 6th grade, now I am a Junior In high school. I talked to her during that time and we became friends, and than we went into middle school and it was the same story, we really were school friends, I...

View more questions Search