Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2015, 04:57 AM
    What else should I be doing? Should I call her and ask if we can talk?
    Beats texting if you consider a talk face to face important.
    HandxStands Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2015, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Beats texting if you consider a talk face to face important.
    She ended up getting back to me right after I posted the update, of course lol. So I am going to be casual and patient about things and see where it leads
    Expert

Jul 24, 2015, 10:28 AM
    That's the ticket. There is no rush to give your heart away, smitten though you may be, because she hasn't really proven she knows what to do with it anyway. I think you have to agree she may have trouble managing her own heart at the moment, so yes, be casual and patient, but stay alert my friend.

I mean if this dating experience is no fun, then likely it won't be fun in the future either. I highly suggest you drop the relationship expectations, and just focus on the keeping the dating experience real for now. Are you having fun, or having mixed up confusing drama?

Jul 25, 2015, 08:35 AM
    That's the ticket. There is no rush to give your heart away, smitten though you may be, because she hasn't really proven she knows what to do with it anyway. I think you have to agree she may have trouble managing her own heart at the moment, so yes, be casual and patient, but stay alert my friend.

I mean if this dating experience is no fun, then likely it won't be fun in the future either. I highly suggest you drop the relationship expectations, and just focus on the keeping the dating experience real for now. Are you having fun, or having mixed up confusing drama?
    Right now it is mixed up confusing drama and she really isn't reaching out to me at all, so I think I have my answer.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2015, 11:57 AM
    I wouldn't give up the things you enjoy for her for sure, or any other option or opportunities to explore and experiment in your world of friends, family, and activities you enjoy.

Talaniman Rule - Date them all! Short, fat, skinny and tall! 18 to 80, blind, cripple, or crazy!

Life is to short to be stuck on drama and confusion, or games of the heart and mind.

Jul 25, 2015, 12:08 PM
    I wouldn't give up the things you enjoy for her for sure, or any other option or opportunities to explore and experiment in your world of friends, family, and activities you enjoy.

Talaniman Rule - Date them all! Short, fat, skinny and tall! 18 to 80, blind, cripple, or crazy!

Life is to short to be stuck on drama and confusion, or games of the heart and mind.
    Yea, I am at the point now of frustration with the situation. I think all I need is closure so I can move on, so I called her left a voicemail asking if we could talk. Other than that, I think I need to move on, she is reciprocating things close to 0%.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2015, 12:48 PM
    Talaniman Rule - NEVER depend on others to give you closure...NEVER!!

Accepting that it ain't gonna work IS closure.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2015, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HandxStands View Post
    Yea, I am at the point now of frustration with the situation. I think all I need is closure so I can move on, so I called her left a voicemail asking if we could talk. Other than that, I think I need to move on, she is reciprocating things close to 0%.
    Her being willing to talk with you is NOT closure. You will spin it as, "Oh, she's still interested enough to talk about us, so it's not over yet." The best thing now is No Contact. That's closure. The End. Finis.

Jul 25, 2015, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Her being willing to talk with you is NOT closure. You will spin it as, "Oh, she's still interested enough to talk about us, so it's not over yet." The best thing now is No Contact. That's closure. The End. Finis.
    Well I finally asked her if she wanted to work on things and take it slow or if I should move on (I know myself and I couldn't be sitting in limbo with things, it was too stressful) She said she did not want to work things and that she was never sure about me or us, which all dates back to the beginning of the summer with my original post. She also said she felt she couldn't be honest with me.I am thinking her time over in Europe really helped her make this decision easier. So, I am of course heartbroken and feel like somebody stabbed me right in the back. I kept things cordial and said maybe we could be friends one day. So, that is it.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2015, 07:30 PM
    Yeah, that's it, and I know it sucks, but when one adventure ends, another can begin.. in due time. You can finally walk away clean, and don't look back.

I predict that someday you will be grateful to her for dumping you so you can find better.

Good luck!

Jul 30, 2015, 11:02 AM
    So one last update, she actually did reach out to me a few days later calling me out of the blue just to say hello. I was surprised, to say the least. I didn't think too much into it and then she text me the next day saying, "I love you and I am sorry." I was confused and a little annoyed at the same time because she has been back and forth and back and forth. So, later that day we jumped on the phone talked for about 45 minutes and I confronted her about how I felt and how I felt hurt by how she handled everything. She apologized and said I did not deserve that. She admitted again that she is trying to figure herself out, which I respect 100%. She also wanted to hang out and see how things go with us, but she is still unsure of what she wants. So, I kept things casual and agreed to getting together. Then, I took a long hard look at myself and put myself into her shoes and realized that I have been somewhat overbearing with my expectations and I am always talking about the relationship and every talk has to be serious. I realized that would push anyone anyway. We have been dating for only 5 months, no body wants to have serious talks all the time. I decided I think I still have much to learn from this girl. I need to take things slower, not have as many expectations, and try my best to not be overbearing with questions like, "When are we hanging out?", "When can I see you?", etc. I want things to be light with us and i want to have fun together and not stress. I am willing to give her the space she needs while I do my own thing and like someone mentioned earlier, I am just going to wing it! What else can I do? She is a good, genuine person and I am excited to see what happens next.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 11:21 AM
    You like to be punished. Good luck with that.
    Expert

Jul 30, 2015, 11:27 AM
    Be prepared to deal with whatever life (and her) throws at you, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Jul 30, 2015, 11:35 AM
    Yea I feel a little crazy for considering it but I'm keeping my distance
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2015, 11:45 AM
    So, if you like her, go out now and then. Why does it have to be all or nothing?

The problem comes up if you are at a stage of wanting an exclusive relationship. If that is the case (be honest with yourself), then let her go and move on.

She has made it VERY clear that she doesn't know what she wants and certainly is not ready to be in a serious, exclusive relationship.

So now you decide... can you date her just to go out and have some fun, no strings attached, or do you want something more? Answer that and you'll know if you should continue to communicate with her or not.
    Expert

Jul 30, 2015, 12:07 PM
    I hope doing your own thing includes you exploring having fun with others, INCLUDING other females.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Help Again and update [ 2 Answers ]

So for people who saw my last post I would like to have an update so my question is a little clearer. When I asked the coach he told me that he didn't get to watch me enough so he didn't really evaluate. So he put me against two of the best players in our school who are both about 6 foot....

View more questions Search