Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chilirad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Is having an intervention with your friends to get a guy out of the closet to far
    Is having an intervention with your friends to get a guy out of the closet to far?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 02:15 PM

You need to stay out of it entirely and mind your own business.

He will come out the closet when HE is ready!

Leave him alone and don't even think about trying to force him, it should be his decision as to when/how/where.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 02:19 PM

Do you mean "intervention"?

If that's what you mean, yes, it is going too far. It would be cruel and mean. Allow your friend to come out of the closet when he or she feels comfortable to do so.

He may not even be IN the closet.

There was a recent news story of a fellow and his friend who forced a roommate out of the closet. The roommate was horribly embarrassed and upset, and then committed suicide.

No. Mind your own business.

P.S. You would be much more productive if you studied spelling instead of worried about your friend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 02:44 PM

That's a big hell yes, its going to far, and none of your freakin' business. How dare you mess into someone else's life against there will!! :mad:
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 23, 2010, 02:54 PM

That is a big decision to make, and only for that one person to make. You do not know the barriers someone goes through. They may have fears and they should NEVER be forced to share that part of their life. It is no one's business, not even yours. That does not make him who he is... our sexuality does not define us, so leave him alone, let him live his life happy, and he will do what he wants. The best thing is to be non judgemental and supportive if he ever does want to talk about his sexuality. Until then, define him as a great man and friend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 04:42 PM

Stay out of it, it is only the persons choice and none of your business
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chilirad View Post
    Is having an intervention with your friends to get a guy out of the closet to far?
    YES!

Leave the poor guy alone.
    metroidprime Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2010, 02:12 AM
    Please try to be a little wiser and not be so terrible to people I really hate being so straight forward but you are like violating this person don't mess with innocence or you will be burned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends ? [ 3 Answers ]

So long story short I dated a guy for 6 months. We went through a loooot. He was my first love. And we tried being friends but we fought. Then later after we finally were friends and it went well, we became really close again.. but just as friends. Problem is, I still had a lot of feelings for him....

EX wants to be friends [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I broke up with my ex the week before she left for college after 10 months even helped her move in, just fought too much and seemed like she was reluctant to change treating me like crap and being inconsiderate. Well I figure she's gonnna forget all about me once she starts meeting new...

Lead closet replaced by pvc closet on toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Plumber replaced a lead closet with a pvc closet and now the toilet doesn't line up the way it used to.. It is forward 2" and sideways about 1-1/2 " Plumber says that is the best he can do.. I don't believe that . Is there a way it can line up like before.

A friends betrayal! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem. I met this girl at the library and we became friends. Well she Started calling me nonstop and showing up at my house. Well I gave her a second chance. I nonstop this guy I liked and she found out and at first she was encouraging me To pursue him. I later found out she found...

View more questions Search