Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissyMayham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Chocolate vs Sex
    I reacently was told why my cravings for chocolate were so strong because Im lacking in sexuallity, Ive tryied doing research on it then I became a member of this site.

Apperently eating chocolate triggers an energy in the brain, that causes happiness and awakness.. According to a few people, sex also triggers the SAME energy.

So to make everything simple :

Do you know of the sideaffects of Chocolate?
    Have you heard anything like this before?

All comments are welcome, Im truly wanting to get to the bottom of this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Opinion pure bull.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 02:15 PM
    They do affect the same neurotransmitters

Kamasutra - All you want about it: CHOCOLATE AND SEX

BBC - Science & Nature - Hot Topics - Chocolate
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:04 PM
    It's mostly just hype, there's small amounts of caffeine and theo bromine which increases levels of serotonin (which reduces anxiety ), (so does having sex) And maybe the rush of endorpins produced by eating chocolate seems like the feeling you get when you have a satisfying sex life or relationship. But there's no real studies proving the two are in any way related.
    az_alwayz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Agree with above!

No point starting on chocolate if you don't already eat it - but, there's plenty of other healthy stuff to try. If u do like it though, keep to small amounts and work your way up to dark choc with highest % cocoa :)

Main side effects come from a high fat/sugar content (also a highly processed item) and would vary depending on the person and how much they eat. Warning: may lead to addiction lol!

... Just my 2cents worth
    Body By Steve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
    This probably explains why Im never depresed...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa View Post
    It's mostly just hype, there's small amounts of caffeine and theo bromine which increases levels of serotonin (which reduces anxiety ), (so does having sex) And maybe the rush of endorpins produced by eating chocolate seems like the feeling you get when you have a satisfying sex life or relationship. But there's no real studies proving the two are in any way related.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

Chocolate brown? I think not... [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is naturally a dark brown color, but in the sun it was a really dark auburn. In fact, over the summer, the sun lightened my hair causing reddish blonde highlights - but then as my hair grew more, and wasn't lightened by the sun since summer was over - people thought I had died my hair. So,...

Chocolate brownies [ 5 Answers ]

When we say "brownies", does that mean chocolate brownies? Or is there some other kind of brownies other than chocolate.

Chocolate allergies [ 1 Answers ]

OK I'm allergic to chocolate I touched some then my face and now my face is getting a few white bumps that ich and its annnoying what do I do I've already washed my hands

Chocolate recipes [ 11 Answers ]

Please suggest good sites for finding chocolate recipes for home/ amateur use. Thanks.

View more questions Search