Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alliance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Will my property tax assessment increase I buy out my sisters portion of moms home
    Will the property tax assessment rate increase from its very low rate to the current and much higher riate when I buy out my sisters portion of our mothers home which we all inherited?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Probably not.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Is should not increase but simplify to changing the names on the deed. If you treat this as a purchase rather than an interfamily arrangement you may catch the eye of your assessor.
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 09:08 AM
    That is an issue, but the sale is not normally reported to the assessor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I just picked up on a word I missed in the original post. "... which we all inherited" Now it seems there may be more than brother and sister involved. The result will probably be OK.
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I agree!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property Assessment [ 6 Answers ]

My Landlady is trying to get her property reassessed, (I think to refinance.) The property she owns is one parcel about 4.5 acres with 3 rental units on the same property. She got mad when she found out that the assessor was looking around the property, she said that he was only supposed to...

Removed supporting wall - please give advice re: property assessment? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am considering purchasing a century-old property in which a load-bearing wall between the living room and dining room on the first floor has been removed. I have been told that the second floor is bowing as a result, but I do not have any measurement of how much it is bowing. My...

Breaking a lease to buy a home [ 3 Answers ]

Can I break a lease if I am buying a home without being penalized?

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure Tax Assessment [ 2 Answers ]

I hold a 2nd Deed of Trust against a property in California. The property owner is way behind and I've started the Notice of Default proceedings. The property owner has requested that we do a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure and that I not report this foreclosure to the credit agencies. Given the...

How do I buy a cheap forclosed or bank owned home? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help my husband and I are just starting to look for a house in the area and we wanted to look at foreclosed and bank owned first. How do we go about looking at them and even buying them? We live in Kentucky and I don't know what the rules are about this if anybody knows please help......

View more questions Search