Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldietrich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Housing Neglect
    Before fall of 2006 I was Red flagged by KGS (Kansas Gas Service) well my furnace was because it was leaking Gas(Carbon Monoxide). I had him shut the valve off to the furnace and I called the landlord, they sent out a maintenance man who looked at it and told me nothing was wrong with it. I told him to not turn the valve back on at that point I was just going to leave it off and if he did I would have someone turn it off again. I went all fall and winter without a furnace because of it. This is the second time it has been flagged, the first time it was supposed to have been fixed. My bills were always an outrageous amount IE 200.00 without even running the furnace. The KGS worker said that there was a valve that is supposed to determine whether the pilot is lit or not and it was not working properly it was acting as if it was lit the whole time. Is there anything I can do about this?
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 17, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Once the maintenance person "fixed" the problem, you should have called the gas company to come out and re-inspect it. If it was still broken, it would have been tagged again. Now is the time to call the gas company and have it inspected again.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldietrich
    Is there anything I can do about this?
    Hello l:

You spent an entire winter in Kansas without heat?? After the maintenance man told you it was fine, you didn't believe him and did NOTHING after that?? You paid your rent every month and didn't say a WORD?? How could you even write a check with frozen fingers??

I don't have an answer any better than the one you got. I'm just blown away that you would do that. Kansas if pretty cold - pretty damn cold...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair Housing in Arizona for ex-convicts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what can be done to help those who have past criminal records to find housing without being discriminated against. Does Arizona have any laws that protect ex-convicts against discrimination for housing needs? What about the Privacy Act or Fair Housing Act?

Income tax rebate on housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken housing loan from my office in the yr.2002 for flat under construction.I have already started deduction from my salary for the above loan.I have taken possession of the above flat in the current yr 2007. Shall I get income tax benefits for the accrued int.ffrom theyr 2002.If yes or no...

Calculation Income Tax for Housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

How to treat Housing Loan, LTA for computation of income tax,

Housing Question [ 4 Answers ]

A new child support law became in effect in TN in October 2004, where child support is to be determined by shared income. I filed for divorce in May 2004 but continued to live in the house until March 2005 at which time my wife set child support on me for which I did not have a problem, but the...

Housing Bubble-when will it burst? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have a year or date that the housing market will collapse and come crashing down faster than anyone can imagine? What will this do to our economy? Have read lots of different points of view and the one that stood out the most was when the housing market starts to crumble when it's over we...

View more questions Search