Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindaK35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Title Company responsible?
    In 1992 we purchased a home in Baltimore County. We purchased the home "in fee" from the owner. We have since refinanced 3 times over the years, each time the papers stated "in fee". However, now we have been given a bill from a ground rent company claiming we owe back rent. My question is, since we've paid for title insurance 3 times - shouldn't someone have picked up on this fact? Are we liable for the back ground rent? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Linda
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Definitely call your title insurance company first thing in the morning. Something isn't right and the title search should have picked up something like this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Title company error [ 9 Answers ]

Our mortgage co. is suing our title co. A simple clerical error 2 years ago created this mess. We did not know about it until we were trying to sell out. I can not get anywhere with anyone concerning this matter. We just need to sell both of our properties due to health issues and now the property...

Am I Really Responsible? [ 14 Answers ]

I apologize for being so long winded I just want to make sure that you guys/gals have a good understanding what is going on. I have a 15 year old son that is currently in the youth home with NO set release date. He was placed in the youth home after his mother filed for incurability in October of...

I need to know if the brokerage co. And title co. Can be held responsible actions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I hope this is in the right category of law but I refinanced my house last year because of a pending divorce and to get my husband's name off the deed at the time. Well, I found out months later that the title co. messed up and had us sign the wrong deed and also find that I question a lot of...

Am I responsible for this? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so last weekend I had a small party. I live in a duplex and my downstairs neighbor is a very good friend of mine. She and her boyfriend were at my party. Everyone who was there brought their own alcohol. After the party was over and I woke up in the morning, my neighbor and her boyfriend came...

View more questions Search