Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville's Avatar
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91
    Senior Member
     
    #1

    Jan 2, 2016, 01:25 PM
    Should I do it?
    Have my property on the market and a buyer did not go through with the settlement and I got to keep the earnest money. Realtor just emailed me and said he had a full amount offer but the settlement will have to wait until April 2016 or later. That means I put the sale on hold for 4+ months. Should I do it? This new offer came in only after the prior settlement failed on 14 Dec 2015. The original offer was down 8k below sale price, this is for the full sale price. If I do this, I would want a very nice earnest money deposit.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #2

    Jan 2, 2016, 02:39 PM
    Totally up to you, but if it were me, in today's real estate market, I'd take it. An offer for the full price asked, is very good. Not the norm.

    Good luck.
    catonsville's Avatar
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91
    Senior Member
     
    #3

    Jan 2, 2016, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Totally up to you, but if it were me, in today's real estate market, I'd take it. An offer for the full price asked, is very good. Not the norm.

    Good luck.
    Well, just talked to Realtor and they wanted to place a contingency of selling their house. Also a "kick out" was discussed but not chosen. Four months is a long time to wait for a closing with the contingency. Also missing 3 or 4 offers during that time. Countered with a 4k drop and a 30 to 40 day settlement. Time will tell. They even wanted to rent the place until settlement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.



View more questions Search