Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ragtop's Avatar
    ragtop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 20, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Quick claim deed fraud
    My uncle who is battling cancer was befriended by his niece. She helped with paying bills, getting perscriptions, etc and she was compensated for her tasks. Thinks were going well and it is hard for him to get around and drive now so he asked her for some help making changes to his will. What she did was got a quick claim deed and brought that to him with other papers to sign. She said these were from the lawyer and he only needed these forms signed. He did not know that he was signing away his home to her. Nothing was said and even a bill came from the lawyer and my uncle thought everything was going fine. My uncle was going to sell his home to another nephew and they called the lawyer to see what them needed to do and that is when they found out what she had done. She also had the lawyer draw up a form that she was to be in charge of his estate. My uncle's lawyer said they can get that changed and also her removed from his checking account but the deed is another story. He does have a very good memory and sound mind. He wants to get this resolved but what can he do? They have set up several meetings with the niece but she does not show. She had also made the comment that she would sign the deed over to my uncle for a certain dollar amount. Do we contact the police, district attorney of what? He has been a great uncle and has been fair to all his nieces and nephews. He just can't believe that she would do something like this. He had trusted her and this is how she shows how she cares. Please help!
    ebaines's Avatar
    ebaines Posts: 12,132, Reputation: 1307

    Oct 20, 2010, 01:40 PM

    Your uncle needs a lawyer - not the one who billed him for the quit claim deed, as there may be a confict of interest there - who can advise him what to do. He'll probably end up having to sue the niece for rescision of the quit claim on the basis of misrepresentation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quick claim deed [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are separating. He wants to sign a quick claim deed over to me and he is aware that the loan is still on both of our names. In the event we get one file with the local clerk of the courts, if for some reason... he has p0eople coming after him for different issues, back taxes,...

Quick Claim Deed [ 2 Answers ]

My mother inlaw died with no will, we would like to keep her house in the family. How can we do this. She only has like 10 years keft on the loan.. What can we do..

Quick claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

I own a home that was purchased in 2002 by my brother with me on the deed. We did it this way to allow me to buy it with his credit which was better than mine at that point. I have a second on the home in my name alone. I pay both mortgages and always have. He now would like to transfer interest...

Quick Claim Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what a Quick Claim Deed is. Thank you

Quick CLaim Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I title my house into my sisters name, but still keep tax benefits and mortgage interest deduction? I would still live in the house and pay the mortgage and taxes.

View more questions Search