Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jason mccarthy's Avatar
    jason mccarthy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 25, 2014, 04:45 AM
    Calculating commission on a property sale
    I am an estate agent in South Africa and have just made my first property sale at R2.3m (gross sale value). The commission on this sale is 7% plus VAT (value added tax). When working out this commission VAT needs consideration as the franchise I work for is VAtakes 50% of the comm and they are VAT registered. The head office takes a royalty of 6.5% of the comm. Is this calc correct below:

    R2, 300 000.00 multiplied by 7% = R161 000.00(total comm)
    R161 000.00 multiplied by 14 divided by 114 = R19 771.92 (VAT at 14%)
    Therefore R161 000.00 less R19 771.92= R141 228.08
    R141 228.28 multiplied by 6.5% = R9 179.82 (royalty to head office)
    Therefore R141 228.08 less R9 179.83 = R132 048.25
    R132 048.25 multiplied by 50% = R66 024.12
    Therefore R66 024.12 is payable to me and R66 024.12 payable to franchise
    Am I correct in assuming personal tax will still be deducted by Inland Revenue Services on the R66 024.12 payable to me?

    Is this correct or not?

    Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Car consultant commission per sale in india [ 6 Answers ]

Is car consultant a good carrier after post graduation

Journal entry for purchase and sale of property for sale [ 5 Answers ]

I purchase an apartment for $ 1.7m and paid first instalmment of 250k ,Before the second installment I sell the apartment at the value of 1.9m .Please tell me how to record the journal entry .

Percentage of commission when selling a property for a friend [ 3 Answers ]

An acquaintance of ours has put an expensive property on the market. He has offered a percentage of the profits to my boyfriend if he is able to find a buyer. Although it's still a little early to tell (we expect to be hearing their decision later this week), there is a possibility that my...

Insurance sale commission [ 4 Answers ]

My son who was working for an insurance company, was denied his insurance sales Commission and I wish to contact small claims court regarding filing a complaint and Get the commission. Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.