Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    cej70's Avatar
    cej70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 25, 2019, 10:05 AM
    Are we responsible for payment of ground rent if the owners are deceased
    My husband is the personal representative for his father who passed away several years ago. He and his wife were separated and they went to court to have him removed from the title. Wife is also deceased and left the house to his granddaughter and son. Recently, my husband turned his share of the house over to his daughter and we have papers showing he is no longer co-owner of the house.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Feb 25, 2019, 12:37 PM
    Can I assume this is a mobile home? Or some sort of trailer? Sitting on someone else's land?

    How did your husband "turn over his ownwership" Was a need deed or title written, showing the new owners ?

    Who is on the actual title, is the owner, the other paper work may give you right to counter sue someone else, but it does not take away your liability unless the title itself has been changed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction for Non Payment of Rent after determination of rent hearing [ 2 Answers ]

A Eviction for Non Payment of Rent is in process and a determination of rent hearing has already been heard in the State of Florida. The Judge order the tenants to pay rent due within 24 hours. If tenants pay the court ordered amount, how much longer do the tenants get to stay in the house?

Why am I responsible for deceased husband's debts [ 1 Answers ]

Why is community property only considered community when it comes to paying the debt? My husband had his own credit cards, I couldn't use them. He passed away, and the creditors want me to pay them, they're shouting community property, although I can't and couldn't use them in California ...

Selling Property When Both Owners are Deceased [ 3 Answers ]

Both father and step-mother have been deceased for several years. Neither left a will. No step-siblings. They had land titled in both their names that I would like to sell. How do I go about getting it titled in my name? There is nothing owed on the land. I have paid taxes annually - nothing...

Sell of deceased owners home [ 1 Answers ]

DECEASED homeowner property. I have power of attorney . Family wants to sell home now,but there is a unsecured loan on property. Can they seek payment after home is sold? Would I (power of attorney) be responsible to pay?

Deceased Owners-Deed Name Changes [ 6 Answers ]

My mother, older sister and brother-in-law were the names on the deed of the house that I currently live in. All three have now passed away. My brother-in-law left his interest in the house to his daughters and I am now in probate to be named executor of my mother's estate. How do my oldest niece...

View more questions Search