I know of this woman who after some life altering events she went insane , she gave up her kids for adoptions years ago when they where new born kids they do not live in the united states,and do not make contact with her. They do not want to take power of attorney for her because of the cost of a lawyer and they would also be responsible for her medical bills. For the past year I have been keeping up with her house and paid the taxes . Would I be able to take possession of this home and use it as my own personal home ?