Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonylittle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Security deposit
    Hello,

I paid $500.00 for a security deposit for a move in date of 6-1-2007 that was non refundable yesterday but I decided to not move in. Can I get the $500.00 back from the landlord?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
    You said it was non refundable so I doubt they will refund it but you could ask for it back.
    db923 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 06:16 PM
    In California, I have read that it is illegal to state that a deposit as "non refundable". You need to look up the laws in your state and make sure that it is legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I have given the two months notice, before we moved in Apartment not cleaned and the Land Lord is aware, also the maintenance manager came in and saw it and signed a paper that nothing was cleaned . He told as that when we moved out we did not have to clean, he would have it cleaned on his...

Security Deposit. [ 2 Answers ]

I moved from Virginia to main On January 30. Virginia state laws says that the landlors must return a deposit by 45 days. My lease states 30 though. Now it had been 93 days. But anyway My landlord keeps telling me that he sent out the check 4 or 5 weeks ago he told me he sent it out and to wait to...

Security Deposit! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi; I have a situation on where my previous landlord wants to keep my deposit. I lived in his property for 3 years. Never paid a late rent nor did any damages in his property. His house has 16 years and never had made any changes except for the counter in the kitchen. The shades (verticals) of...

Security deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm A Tenant A Will. The Day I Move Out, When Does The Landlord Have To Give Me My Secutirt Deposit Back. This Is In Massachusetts Help

I need a security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Help With Getting The Move In Money For My House That I Am About To Move Into In Another 2 Months

View more questions Search