Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NitinNR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 08:59 PM
    I own a property jointly with my father.
    Now I wish to transfer/gift this property to my brother.
    Could you please advise what would be the best way to execute this.
    What are the legal complications, tax and/or any other issue.
    Awaiting your response.
    Thanks.
    D Dumbre.

I jointly own a property with my father.
    Now I wish to transfer/gift this to my brother.
    Could you please advise what would be best way to execute this.
    Also advise on any legal complications, taxes and/or any other issues.
    Thanks.
    D Dumbre.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:03 AM
    Where in the world is the property?

If it's in the U.S. you could do it by deed, from you and your father, as grantors, to your brother as grantee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

What is the title of the movie where one brother is gone to war and the other brother [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title of the movie where one brother is gone to war and the brother who is home gets into a romantic relationship with his wife and bond with the Children

Brother lending money to sister/brother-in-law. How do we set up the mortgage? [ 9 Answers ]

My son is going to lend money to my daughter and her husband as a mortgage (they will use it to pay off existing mortgage). What documents do we need to create? I'm assuming some sort of mortgage agreement. Do we need to file these documents somewhere to make the mortgage legal? We live in PA,...

Brother wants costody of younger brother [ 3 Answers ]

Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would...

View more questions Search