Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calgreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 06:52 AM
    If my apartment lease expires and I am on a month-to-month
    If my apartment lease expires and I am on a month-to-month (and paying an additional 105/mo to do so) do I still have to give the 60 days notice in the contract?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Yes. Even though you are now a month-to-month tenant you are still obligated to follow the terms of the previous written lease.
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 20, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgreen
    if my apartment lease expires and i am on a month-to-month (and paying an additional 105/mo to do so) do i still have to give the 60 days notice in the contract?
    This depends on your lease and on the revised code for your state. If the lease specifies that all the information contained within the lease stays in affect until the tenant leaves the property, then the answer is yes. If the lease states that the lease ends on the specific date and any occupancy after that time is based on a month to month verbal lease, then the revised code would take over. Have you reviewed your state's Tenant Landlord Laws? Some states require a 30 day notice, including one rental period. Some states require more. Read the code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month to month lease? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Neenah, WI. I started renting in Oct. of 2004. My year lease was up in 2005, but on my rental agreement it went to an automatic month to month if no other agreement was signed, I didn't sign another one and it started month to month Oct 2005. On the agreement it said I cannot move out...

Year lease then month to month? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I've lived in my apartment for over 1 year after signing a 12 month lease. Now that the 12 months on the lease are over, my landlord wants me to sign a new 12 month lease. I don't want to sign another 12 month lease. I may go to school in a few months and I'd...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Month to month realestate lease Illinois [ 18 Answers ]

Can a month to month tenant live out their security deposit in the state of Illinois

Month to Month Lease question [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. I have given my landlord (and roommate) 5 weeks notice that I intend to move out. I asked to prorate the month because I am moving out on the 18th of the month. Our lease is month to month. We have never signed any lease agreement-just verbal agreement on amount of rent and...

View more questions Search