Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeff sellers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Landlord to terminate tenant lease
    My tenant has a month to month lease here in va. How many days notice am I required to give for a lease termination and do those days start from the date of notification or the first day of the next full month?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
    What is the terms of the lease, it should be specific in a written lease.

If they are on a vebal month to month rental, they would get a 30 day notice. But with a written lease all of this is normally very specific.

Customary is a 30 day notice on a month to month lease ( rental)

If you are evicting them for non payment the rules of eviction are different

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord wants to break tenant lease [ 5 Answers ]

I need to move back into a condo that I have leased. The lease expires in September 2007. I can not wait that long to make my move. Can I legally break that lease?

Exceptions that will allow a tenant to terminate early? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved to Florida in Sept. 06. We expected stay for a while, but I have developed allergy-driven asthma that is so bad, that I cannot take care of my family. The Drs. Tell me it is climate-related and that I really should move. I have a note from a Dr. supporting my condition. The policy...

Terminate tenancy with no written lease [ 4 Answers ]

As first-time landlords, we rented our small condo on a month-to-month basis to our nephew and his girlfriend without a written lease. The girlfriend moved out and the nephew moved in a buddy to help pay the rent. Then the nephew moved out and now we want to serve the remaining party with a 30-day...

Landlord Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my landlord and the association and I need your assistance. The property is in North Brunswick, NJ In June, my landlord received a letter, dated June 16th, stating that I have placed some miscellaneous items (Couple of buckets and a mop stick) on the deck of my rented...

Roommate's attempt to terminate co-signed lease [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate backed out of our co-signed lease two weeks before the lease's commencement. Can she force me to find or accept a subletter or is she still liable to pay her half the rent?

View more questions Search