Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glamourkills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 02:29 PM
    How can I help my father get my 18 year old brother to leave?
    My brother is extremely disrespectful to my father. He doesn't have a job, does nothing around the house to help. Runs up the electricity bill by leaving his window open so he can smoke pot in his room with his druggie friends. Steals from everyone in the house. Brings strangers in the house. Sneaks people in at night. My father is a single parent and he works all day and doesn't need to come home to a son that just streeses him out all the time. I really don't want him here nor does my father, he just doesn't know what to do.
    m893is Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
    If he is smokin' weed, you can use the threat of legal action to get him to do something.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2011, 05:25 PM

Generally you have to give him a written notice to vacate. But it might be quicker if you tell him if he doesn't leave you will report his drug use.

How much notice will depend on where you live. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 05:37 PM

Yes, dad tells him to leave or the police will start searching his room. Or does dad search the room and start throwing out all the drugs.

But short of that, give him a 30 day notice to move out, and if he has not moved, file formal eviction against him in court.
    Glamourkills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
    Well he's just gotten out of juivie a few months ago. We have tried to threatnen him with getting the law involved but it doesn't really bother him. We just want him gone in the simplest way possible.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 12, 2011, 02:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamourkills View Post
    well hes just gotten out of juivie a few months ago. we have tried to threatnen him with getting the law involved but it doesnt really bother him. we just want him gone in the simplest way possible.
    Then give him a vacate notice. If he ignores it you have to go through the eviction process. Since you didn't give us a location like we advised we can't give you details about how long a notice you have to give or what that process might be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would my seven year old leave me to go live with his father I want him back? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I lived together for seven years and had a son. I left him almost three years ago because of abuse and have had my son with me the entire time. Now my son comes home after a week-end visit with his father and said he wants to go live with his dad.This is breaking my heart...

Little boy gets kidnapped after his older brother tells him to leave [ 2 Answers ]

Years later the boy is found living in the same neighborhood as his parents.

My brother will not leave [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a 39yo and I'm on disabled and on SSDI. I live with my 84 yo father who is the homeowner. My father and I get along great. We have my brother and his wife living with us. He has not held a job for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. His wife is also on SSDI. They don't pay rent or help with the...

How can I have my brother leave our father's house and move in with me? [ 2 Answers ]

My father is a great man, but in the last few years, things have gotten really bad in our family since my mother became severely depressed and tried to kill herself. He has become the complete provider for the family, while my mom sits by, silent. My brother is 14 and things are becoming too...

10 year old son doesn't want me to leave his abusive father [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in an abusive marriage for ten years. . I have made the decision to leave my husband. I have three wonderful children, whom I have talked to about the upcoming separation. My two young girls seemed to handle it well. My 10 year old son , however, is having a difficult time with this. He...

View more questions Search