Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGDADDY31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 03:26 PM
    Is the house I'm renting in foreclosure..
    Is the house I'm renting in foreclosure... {personal info removed}
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 05:06 PM

What does the local assessor's office say? Otherwise, you'll have to wait until notice is published.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2010, 05:13 PM

If foreclosure proceedings have been started it would have been entered in the local courts. You can search those records.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:45 PM

The owner may be months and months behind in payments, but until the actual court actions starts you will have no way to know.

You are still required to honor your lease and/or pay your rent to them until it is sold anyway
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:55 AM

This must vary by location - in my area when a property is going into foreclosure the first thing that happens is the Tax Collector's Office is notified so that the Town/County don't also lay claim to the property.

But, yes, Court records - good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting with a foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I'm actually going through a situation like this and need a little more clarification. I live in amarillo, Texas and was renting a single family house. My landlord went through a lawsuit and I haven't been able to get get a hold of him since July. I think he may have gone to jail and his grandson...

Renting a house when I didn't know it was in foreclosure but the Landlord did [ 1 Answers ]

I rented a house in July and asked the question is it in shortsale or foreclosure. I was told no by the realitor so I moved in. In Sep I found out that he hasn't been paying rent since May. I was lied to about moving in a house that was in foreclosure. I know that I still need to pay rent but...

Foreclosure and renting [ 1 Answers ]

I have more of a statement than a answer. We have recently received a notice that our landlord is in foreclosure on our house we are renting. Why does it seem he has more rights than we do? We HAVE to keep paying and keep up our terms of the lease but since he scammed on refinancing this house...

Foreclosure notice of house we are renting in FL [ 8 Answers ]

This is my first time posting. My dh and I moved to FL last May signed a year's lease. Paid every payment on time. Paid to have carpets cleaned 6 months in and planned on paying every 6 months. Just signed a lease renewal for another year so we would have a lease until May 1st, 2009. Then just...

View more questions Search