Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssajla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 09:07 AM
    What if the defendant moved out off the place didn't resive the summoned
    What if the defendant didn't receive the summones because they moved out off the address when the sheriff's office try to deliver the summonce .
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 09:39 AM

In most states you can presume the apartment to be "abandoned". Take pictures, document your activities, change the locks and re-rent it.

I presume that you are the landlord. Is that correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenent moved without giving 30 day notice, she left the place a mess, she is suing us [ 2 Answers ]

She went from a year lease to a month to month she never said a thing about moving she tried to do it when our lodge was closed, she left furniture and trash through out non she is taking us to court for her security, when she left she left no forwarding address, this is in NJ

I didn't file my 2008 taxes because I didn't work will it affect my 2009 taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped working before the 2008 tax season started. I went to school for the year and didn't file my taxes. Will it affect my taxes for 2009?

I moved in to a new place a month ago. [ 1 Answers ]

I moved in to a new place a month ago. The new roommates already had a wireless router set up. When I moved in, I just entered in the (WEP) encryption code and I was connected on both mine and my girlfriend's computers. It's been working great for a month, but now it says that it can not renew the...

Tenant appears to have moved out. Can I rerent place? [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant signed a two year lease in corporation name and never registered named in DC. The company appears to be out of business and my tenant has moved all his belongings out except a fouton. He hasn't paid June rent and won't return any emails/phone calls on the subject. Can I assume he...

Timely return of deposit for a place I never moved in after the "landlord" canceled [ 5 Answers ]

Advise please, I signed a roomate/houseguest agreement with the owner of condo in NW Washington DC for $825 per month. I gave a deposit of $825 cash. The "landlord" canceled my occupancy because she had a family issue and said she could no longer rent me the room. She agreed to refund my deposit...

View more questions Search