Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaffer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Quick CLaim Deed
    Can I title my house into my sisters name, but still keep tax benefits and mortgage interest deduction? I would still live in the house and pay the mortgage and taxes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 10:16 PM
    No, once you no longer own the house, you are now a renter.

And I am sure your mortgage company will not like you giving your house to someone else while they have a mortgage on it.

You can add her name with your name and should OK, but if you take your name off, you are not paying a mortgage on your house any longer but paying a mortgage on your sisters house, and the insurance would go up since you are no longer the owner, you would not get a homestead exemption in your property tax ( if you are)
    And a lot of other small changes also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I defeat a quit claim deed or prove duress? [ 5 Answers ]

I am divorcing my husband of 17 years, his girlfriend is getting in the way. He also thinks I spend too much time taking care of our 9 yr old autistic child... We bought our house (with 10K downpayment from my father) in 1990. Arizona is a community property state :) Community funds have paid the...

Quit Claim or Warranty Deed [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering purchasing a piece of property in Florida and I have some concerns regarding the deed. The seller purchased unimproved land in April 2001 and obtained a warranty deed. Prior to this, it had a quit claim deed resulting from a transfer in May 1994. Before this, the property had a...

Quit claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

Is attorney needed for quit claim deed

A Quit Claim Deed Question [ 9 Answers ]

Six months ago my daughter's father came to me and announced he was dying of cancer and wanted me to have his family home. The understanding was that when I died, that the house would go to our daughter and she could sell it, live in it, rent it out, etc. I agreed to this and we did a Quit Claim...

View more questions Search