Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casiopea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Evict daughter Legally
    My parents have been letting my 22 yo daughter stay in a camp trailer on their property at no cost ans allowing her to use their home freely. The back door always is unlocked. My daughter only contributes a lettle food each month and that is it. She has become aggressive towards my parents who are 66 and 71. She refuses to follow the rule that she may not have men sleep over in her trailer or any guests that are not immediate family. When confronted she cusses and yells at my parents and they have had enough and want her out in 3 days. My daughter told them she legally has two weeks. I think she is blowing smoke and doesn't know what she is talking about. We live in Oregon.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2010, 09:13 PM

Your daughter is only partially blowing smoke. Apparently she has read the rules on evictions and you haven't.

The problem here is that because she does not pay rent and there is no written agreement, it is unclear whether she would be classified as a month to month resident or a week to week. I would err on the side of caution and consider her a month to month.

Therefore, she has be given a 30 day (33 if mailed) written notice to vacate. If she does not leave by that time, then your parents have to go to housing court to obtain an eviction order.

I suggest you go to housing court and ask what the procedure is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Can I legally evict my 18 year old daughter from my apartment? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old daughter with a 3 month old and I would like her to leave my home. She had some boys over and they stole my property in my home. She is on the lease, but I pay rent and she doesn't work or contribute anything to the household. What do I need to do?

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 15 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me physically, but has not yet. I tried to get a TPO and was denied because there is not physical...

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. We have kids together and I think his reason for staying is to avoid paying child support. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me...

View more questions Search