Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nourish Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Nov 10, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Unsightly items in HOA
    My unit neighbor in an AZ Condo Association brings in marble slabs, lawnmowers to common areas. He cables/locks his bicycle to the Bottlebrush tree outside his unit (which is common area). He has an unlicensed, unregistered car in his parking place.

Fine is once only for an issue, and the Prop.Mgmt.Co. has been withholding moving unsightly items or towing cars - and I am not sure the reason. HOA monthly meetings, the PMA says it's private for executive Board discussion only, and then, the action to remove is never accomplished. I personally feel harassed, as his items block my entryway to my unit frequently (items change daily).
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Look close at the Assoc. bylines. There should be a procedure listed there for grievances. If you go to a meeting and complain that they are not enforcing the rules, are they just saying "that's private"?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Nov 10, 2006, 05:10 PM
    I think RickJ means BYLAWS. These are the governing documents for the HOA and the management agent can ONLY do what the controlling documents allow... might be time to have them reviewed by your attorney with an eye toward putting the HOA/MA/BoD on notice to correct the situation... take beaucoup pictures.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
    And you need to organise the other owners, since you are the Association in reality. If 80 percent of you go in with agreement, they know they would be out at the next election. That is why electing people who will represent everyone's interest is also important

But of course this is also why I would never live in an Association area, since I don't want anyone trying to tell me what I can or can't do in my front yard
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 23, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nourish
    My unit neighbor in an AZ Condo Association brings in marble slabs, lawnmowers to common areas. He cables/locks his bicycle to the Bottlebrush tree outside his unit (which is common area). He has an unlicensed, unregistered car in his parking place.

Fine is once only for an issue, and the Prop.Mgmt.Co. has been withholding moving unsightly items or towing cars - and I am not sure the reason. HOA monthly meetings, the PMA says it's private for executive Board discussion only, and then, the action to remove is never accomplished. I personally feel harassed, as his items block my entryway to my unit frequently (items change daily).
    Write down your issue and make copies. Take pictures . Pass them out. Don't say anything and sit back. If your health is at risk for falling let them know you will have legal back-up.
    You have freedom of speech and press so you don't have to listen to someone tell you a lie. Get copies from a law library or a regualar library on acts of negligence. Pass out during a home owners meeting and tell them it was done by a lawyer. A company or organization can be sued for intent negligence. Imcompetence as well. Do your homework.
    They can't stop you. Get a small tape recorder and tape the meetings.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Hello again, nourish:

So far, you've got a drug user (you think). You've got a bum son-in-law who you want to get rid of. You've got somebody who works on their cars in the parking lot who (you think) is stealing cable. And, now you've got a neighbor who has put an unregistered car in his parking place.

Oh, migawd - an unregistered car - can you believe that? I don't know know what's wrong with these people. Don't they know who you are? You're important. You're a spokesperson. You represent people. You have to clean things up around there. I understand.

excon
    nourish Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Hello to Scott Gem and ExCon. I appreciate the replies. Yes, issues sometimes arise that are frustrating, and your replies and posts are very well received by this POSTER. I appreciate the comments, and although you aren't living next to a silly guy, or have a daughter with a debilitating disease (*she didn't ask for it, and unfortunately wanted a spouse, picked an odd bloke), you've provided some valid and thought provoking opinions.

Both replies are appreciated. I don't speak for a group per se. I do however live in a condo complex with a Homeowners association and our corp pays a Property Management Company.

If you know of any good Prop Management Companies in Phoenix, I'd appreciate your replies.

Respectfully submitted,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOA Filing a Lien on a house. [ 3 Answers ]

I am the President of my Home Owners Association. We have a couple of homowners who refuse to pay their home owner dues. It clearly states in our bylaws that we reserve the right to file a lien against your house if you are delinquent in paying your dues. My questions are, do we need a lawyer to...

Checking receipt and items. [ 8 Answers ]

When we buy something at department stores such as Fry's Electronic or Comp Usa... At the door, before we get out, the security person asks receipt and checks how many items in the bag. Is it legal or not legal for checking what we buy? And what happen if we do not let security person do that?

I Can Close Items w/o Deleting? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Curlyben, You wrote that one can close programs not used so they don't take up so much space on the Start-Up.. Is that what I think? You mean, Adobe, Acrobat, QuickTime, etc. can actually be closed and free space-but will stay there if needed later? Umm, will you pretend I'm 10 years old and...

Menu Items [ 1 Answers ]

How to Enable / disable Menu Items For Windows Programming If Program is to be written in Visual C++

Runescape items [ 25 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how much a mind talisman is worth? I a newbie and completely clueless... :confused: :D

View more questions Search