Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    654123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Non payment of rent eviction , rent non paid
    My landlord ( I live in a Mobile Home Park) had a constable close up my trailer because of failure to pay rent. The landlord told me later that day that if I paid what was owed I could get back in. I paid it and now they won't let us back in. Can they do that?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 11:46 AM

Sorry if I sound naïve, but "constable"? I know the term, I just don't recall having heard it apply in the US. Is this in the states or another country?

In the US, it is not legal to bar you from the house unless you have already been legally evicted by a court and your properly has been removed by the sherriff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction for Non Payment of Rent after determination of rent hearing [ 2 Answers ]

A Eviction for Non Payment of Rent is in process and a determination of rent hearing has already been heard in the State of Florida. The Judge order the tenants to pay rent due within 24 hours. If tenants pay the court ordered amount, how much longer do the tenants get to stay in the house?

Eviction if rent is being paid and name not on mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

My sister sold her house and moved in with a friend who promised to quick claim her name onto the mortgage. My sister helped with the down payment of the house and is paying half of the bills. The roommate never added my sister's name to the mortgage and now wants her to move. What are my...

Eviction about non-payment of rent [ 18 Answers ]

I live in FL, Can a landlord evict only one tenant for non-payment of rent, even though there are 2 people who signed the lease? She filed a non payment eviction against one person but not the other, is that an automatic grounds for dismissal for the case?

Eviction for non-payment of rent - Virginia [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I live in Henrico county, state of Virginia. Due date for rent was Aug. 6 with a five day grace period to Aug. 11. He will undoubtedly be late with October's rent also. What forms do I need to start eviction process and how long must I wait to serve him? Thanks

Eviction for non payment of rent confusion [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant who has not paid her rent. It was due on the 1st and today is the 7th. I have left 3 telephone messages for her with no response. My question is, I collected first month, last month and a security deposit from her when she moved in - how does the last month rent come into play...

View more questions Search