Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScrewedOverManyTimes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 11:01 PM
    Renter/Roommate/30-day Notice
    I live in Huntington Beach, California. I have a roommate. I offered the room to him below market rates because he is a good friend. I introduced him to my friend. They are now dating. She is also at the house half the time, sleeping over and doing laundry. I need my privacy. I do not want him as a roommate any more. There was no written rental agreement between us. I need to know, by law, can I give him a 30 day notice, or just evict him? What can I legally do to remove him from my house?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2006, 11:42 PM
    He is on a month to month lease with you, if you never discussed duration.

Therefore, you must give him 30 days notice before evicting him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Yes you have to give him notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a new roommate and need help [ 5 Answers ]

My son and I moved from another state to TN. My boyfriend moved to TN. 2 months prior to us coming here. He had moved in with his roommate/tenant, which they have been friends for many years. The lease is in the roommate/tenant name. The roommate/tenant offered my son and I to come stay with them...

Roommate needs to go [ 3 Answers ]

I have a roommate that has worn out his welcome with both myself and the landlord.I want him gone yesterday.We have lived in the house for three months (He moved in 15 days after me) And he has paid only one month rent.I live in Washington state and can't get anyone to give me some advice on how to...

Roommate issue [ 5 Answers ]

I have a roommate who recently is becoming difficult to live with and that's putting it mildly (long story which I won't get into right now. I lived in the apartment originally with my mother and grandmother and when they passed away (my grandmother first in '97 and my mother in 2000), I needed a...

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

Renter [ 1 Answers ]

I rent and occupy a two family dwelling shared with my landpeople, husband and wife team. They switched our furnaces without notifying me. Suddenly my gas bill shot up after the switch. Did they have any rights to do that without notification? :-/

View more questions Search