Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KHARPS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Room for rent mo to mo lease
    If I signed a month to month lease for a room for rent, and I did not move in, can I cancell the lease before the start or move in date? What am I resposible for? I did not have to pay a deposit.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
    You have to carefully read what you signed. If it requires that you provide 60 days notice that you intend to move out then you are responsible for 2 months worth of rent. If it doesn't say anything about giving notice then you are responsible for 1 month of rent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 05:20 PM

You are resposnible to pay exactly what the written agreement says, I am sure at the least it would require a 30 day notice and maybe a 60 day notice, so you would owe at a min one month pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Injured on property where I rent, my rent is now behind and my lease is expired. [ 9 Answers ]

This is a slightly complicated situation. I live in the state of MO. About 5 months ago I was injured on the property due to the negligence of my landlord and the conditions of the building I live in. The landlord dug a hole in the front yard deeper than I am tall and the steps in the back have no...

Rent a room [ 2 Answers ]

When can I raise the rent to somebody that is renting a room in my apartment

Lease renewal - roommate hasn't signed new lease but will not leave or pay rent. [ 6 Answers ]

My roommate/best friend and I have lived in the same three bedroom apartment in New Jersey for 4 years. This past year we took in a 3rd roommate that we had met through friends. Upon her moving in the 3rd roommate signed the current lease agreement, which is now due to end in a few days. About...

Lease Termination Question (NJ) - 3 Room-mates on Lease , 1 Is not sure of moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are three room-mates sharing a apartment and the lease expires Jan 31,2007. We got a notice to renew the lease last month and need to respond by the 21st of December (this month). Me and one of my other roomie wants to move out and the third roomie is still not sure of moving out. ...

View more questions Search