Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveudec10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 02:07 PM
    How to get her out on a land contract
    Is there any way to get a person out on land contract quick? She is constantly late on rent money, she still has not paid for this month, she changes her number all the time so we are unable to contact her, she just is horrible. We need her out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 04:34 PM

What does your contract say about them being in default
    loveudec10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Does that matter? I heard that you have to give them 15 days notice after giving them a forfeiture notice and then you can file it with the court. Then you have to go get a lawyer (unlike with just a rental). Then it could take 90 more days plus some. So in the end it could take over 6 months. That's a long time without rent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loveudec10 View Post
    Does that matter?
    Are you kidding? Of course, the contract wording matters! That's the whole basis of your relationship. Just as she is required to uphold her end, so are you. Anything you do has to be within the terms of the contract. That's why you have contracts.

So what does the contract say about defaults?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land contract [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a land contract that states it's a month to month landlord tennent relation does that mean I give him 30 day notice to leave and that's it?I can no longer afford the payments here and have to move

Land contract [ 1 Answers ]

Both my sister and I hv mortgages on our homes... She also wanted my home and I was ready for a change due to a divorce and do not need such a big home any longer... we owe the same amount on each mortgage so we want to swap houses... She has bad credit and cannot get another loan so we want to...

Land contract [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Before I got married, I had a land contract on our house through my mom who has no lean on the house. It's a 30 year contract but it only has my name on it. We now have kids and want to have her name on the contract as well. My mother also agreed to give us a better interest rate. She had...

Bad land contract? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I know.. if I FIRST got an attorney involved.. but I did not. I NOW have one though.. Trying to condense.. I sold my home on a 6 month land contract. 10,000 down, 1000 a month ( mort. Pmt) then in 6 months to obtain financing and close... well he pretty much paid me even the 6 months pmts,...

View more questions Search